• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best all rounder in the world at the moment

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is beyond me how anyone can go choose any other player than the talented Mr. Kallis.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
imranrabb said:
my vote goes to abdur razzaq
Does your world Start and end at 'Pakistan'. Razzaq doesn't even fit in that category any more.

Kallis, Flintoff, Pollock, Klusener, Jaisurya, Scott Styris, Cairns are all better than him.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Re: Re: Who is the best all rounder in the world at the moment

Sanz said:
Does your world Start and end at 'Pakistan'. Razzaq doesn't even fit in that category any more.

Kallis, Flintoff, Pollock, Klusener, Jaisurya, Scott Styris, Cairns are all better than him.
what r u on about razzaq is an all rounder he bowls 4th for pakistan after shabbir and bowls most of the time 10 overs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

PY said:
Not by a country mile.

Sobers, Kapil Dev, Botham and Hadlee are all higher IMO.
IMO Kallis will be the greatest allrounder by the time he retires if he continues at anywhere near this rate.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It is beyond me how anyone can go choose any other player than the talented Mr. Kallis.
He's picked up some cheap wickets this series, but his bowling wasn't at all impressive in this game. His bowling is what could make or break his claims as a great all-rounder.

Mr Mxyzptlk

You can't blame Kallis for the brilliance of Gayle, Chanders and co. :D

He bowled brilliantly in this series. Very intelligent stuff.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Kallis. He is the only allrounder worth the name right now other than maybe Pollock....

twctopcat

International Regular
Kallis is good so far as he utilises the best of the conditions. He swung it in england and took some wickets, and punished a poor bowling and fielding team with six centuries, so fair play to him!
However it will take a while to convince me that he is anywhere near sobers standard, he need to own australia etc.