• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teja.

Global Moderator
I was just watching extended highlights of the Kolkata 2001 test on YouTube and I complete forgot about Sachin’s cheeky spell in the fourth innings on the final day to take out Hayden who was looking scary, Gilchrist for a duck and Warne with a googly. WAG.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was just watching extended highlights of the Kolkata 2001 test on YouTube and I complete forgot about Sachin’s cheeky spell in the fourth innings on the final day to take out Hayden who was looking scary, Gilchrist for a duck and Warne with a googly. WAG.
So many incredible moments in that test, that sequence definitely one of my favourites. Sachin spun his team to a win in an India Australia test and Warne could never do it lmao.

Love how they all glare at the umpire in outrage as though they've been sawn off, even though they're all as plumb as they get.

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
One special passage of play which I regretfully missed. Came running from Chemistry lab after 12th exam and all I saw was Harbhajan dismissing Mcgrath to finish off the proceedings. Caught up with the highlights later.

vcs

Loved every moment of it. Hugging random strangers with every wicket in a crowded hostel TV room. Engineering first year, great times.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
One special passage of play which I regretfully missed. Came running from Chemistry lab after 12th exam and all I saw was Harbhajan dismissing Mcgrath to finish off the proceedings. Caught up with the highlights later.

I wrote the exam and got the hell out of there and watched a good 3 hours of the last day till the end. 12th board Chemistry exam be damned. I wanted to witness history at least on a TV.

morgieb

I actually expected Rohit to do well when he was picked overseas last year and it didn't really look like his technique was exposed or anything but never got meaningful runs. Played some horrific shots at times though.
Yeah when away from the subcontinent it's not really a case of him being exposed, he just doesn't seem to ever score big runs. Is it a temperment thing? Like he has the temperment of a Top 3 batsman?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Why isn't Vijay Shankar in contention? In absence of Pandya, he should probably play, not Shivam Dube.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Neither of them are best for the role that Pandya plays though. Ideally it should be between Vijay Shankar and Jadhav for the #6 slot (#5 if we lose too many early wickets) but for the #7 slot, we are really struggling. A full 10 overs bowler who can also be a big hitter batsman, maybe K Gowtham could be tried there. We seriously don't have many of those running around.

Daemon

Yeah, stick with Jaddu as the fifth till Pandya gets back. He did put in that atg display against NZ not too long ago, lest we forget.

Daemon