• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jaffar has a very similar technique to Laxman. And there was a reason Laxman did not work out as an opener or even as #3 in overseas conditions. There was a reason Dinesh Karthik was rated as the more correct opener by Gavaskar of all people during that 2007 England tour win. He would have been just as bad as the guys we did try.
Tough to be worse than vijay and dhawan this overseas leg. They literally averaged single digits

Shri

Mr. Glass
What's with the infantile vocalization? I only questioned Dravid, not like I molested your gf, unless Dravid's your only romantic interest and the one you get a hardon for?
easy there

inappropriate ***ual reference infractions are a thing

not to mention the fact that you insult yourself more than you insult me with such a poor sequence of words

Daemon

So many teams in the Ranji makes it really hard to follow. I can't have 19 tabs open and even if I did I'd lose interest real quick.

It's time they make the Duleep Trophy a little bit longer.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I honestly wish they just let the IPL franchises play for the Duleep and Deodhar trophies. There is no need of any window but it will be nice to see the top domestic cricketers picked between these 8 franchises with the odd overseas player who can make it, thrown in.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Rohit should not be an automatic choice for openers' slot when we visit NZ. His mountain of runs at home are not quite relevant.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Rohit should not be an automatic choice for openers' slot when we visit NZ. His mountain of runs at home are not quite relevant.
I don't think Kohli's dropping him in any case, Shaw is unproven and the likes of Dhawan / Rahul are just as bad in tough conditions. Besides - you often do get very flat pitches in the second innings in NZ.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think Rohit might surprise folks here by being successful as an opener in tests in NZ. Of course, they will mostly be reasonably flat decks but think he will do well for some reason.

OverratedSanity

I actually expected Rohit to do well when he was picked overseas last year and it didn't really look like his technique was exposed or anything but never got meaningful runs. Played some horrific shots at times though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Opening will help him to get going faster, I think. Simple pushes and glides can you get boundaries or at least 2s and 3s up top and he can get to 30 without folks even realizing.

Though, I feel, that will be how Mayank makes his runs with Rohit at the other end being the attention rod.

Daemon

Whoever made the decision to let him open in ODIs after half a decade of consistent failures deserves like 25% of Rohit's income tbh

Shri

Mr. Glass
Whoever made the decision to let him open in ODIs after half a decade of consistent failures deserves like 25% of Rohit's income tbh
he opened in the cb series finals with sachin in 2008 or something

imagine what could have been if he just carried on in odis as an opener from then

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
he opened in the cb series finals with sachin in 2008 or something

imagine what could have been if he just carried on in odis as an opener from then
He played in the middle order in that series. Had a long partnership with Sachin. Looked really compact.