• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Kane Williamson Average Watch thread

Will Kane average 50 in both ODIs and Tests at some point before Feb 2017?

• Total voters

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
I certainly agree with Blocks bit about Kane's technique. He was supremely successful because he played ball so late. He's just lost that a bit. I guess when you are in a semi-rut that one of the first things to get affected. He needs to find his zone again.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You disagree? How about you look at Kane's record...

Better yet, watch his innings from today again.

Our commies were embarrassingly talking up Kane like a batting genius in his 13 run innings where he was dismissed twice.
Good batsman gets out for small total in latest innings. Must be mud.

Would love to have seen you commentating Bradman's final innings.

Ftr, I know Kane's record and it's pretty good. Centuries against everyone and when it's mattered, too. Scored 1000+ runs in a calendar year, which McCullum was the only other NZer to do. Hasn't scored a century against test class opposition in nearly a year (but a few 50s, some 90s iirc) and you're rubbishing the bloke. Everyone has a bit of a slump, but you're taking this ****weather fan stuff to the extreme.

There's a reason why these 4 batsman that get talked about haven't quite reached that level of Amla, de Villiers, Khan (:ph34r:) et al. Because they're young and haven't quite made it round the world three times and ironed out all the kinks like you'd expect them too, like the rest of the seasoned pros previously mentioned.

cnerd123

likes this
Two take aways:

1) People argue with Blocky for the ez likes. Really is no other point to it right?

2) I'm happy De Kock is now in the discussion. The Fab 4 is now the Fab 5.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now people saying Williamson doesn't score tough runs when it matters. 8-)

Burgey

ye I hand out lots of likes for posts that make Blocky look dumb, and enjoy reaping easy likes at his expense

Blocky is good for the economy. Making CW great again.
I'm Burgey and I endorse this message.

Blocky

Banned
At least Kane can put the brakes on between the wickets when he's got a chance for some downhill slope skiing.

Daemon

It's a soft g, sounds like j. As in "I urge blocky to stop posting".

the only soft thing about me tbh*

*awaits rebuttals.
Damn, I've been pronouncing the Burg part as it is in Burger all this time.