Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Innovation in Cricket

  1. #1
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1

    Icon7 Innovation in Cricket

    Hi Everyone,
    What do you guys think about the innovation in Cricket using electronics devices?
    Can we all share some ideas which can help cricket to get better.

    e.g - to check the No-balls , sometimes umpires go to third umpire.Instead , we can have an electronic strip of some kind of sensor behind the white line where the bowler lands his foot. Now, whenever the bowler hits that strip , sensor is activated and some kind of signal is reached which says that the ball is legal i.e the foot is behind the line.
    Using the technology , there are two more cases arise : 1) when bowler's foot is completely behind the (white and sensor's strip) .
    In this case , umpire will know that foot was behind the lines , so no need of checking.
    2) when bowler's foot is completely missing the line(both white and sensor strip) .
    In this case umpire would notice that foot was ahead of line and it should be a no-ball.

    So , the result is - umpire still will see the foot when it lands and tell if the ball was legal or not using technology and his eyes.

    Similarly , you guys can think of some ideas which can innovate cricket.

    Thanks and Regards
    thefighter

  2. #2
    Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    30,944
    I would like the umpires to have a taser that is to be used on Ishant Sharma every time he oversteps
    Hurricane and OverratedSanity like this.

  3. #3
    The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    12,193
    Welcome back Lokomotiv.
    zorax likes this.

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    15,199
    Quote Originally Posted by thefighter View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    What do you guys think about the innovation in Cricket using electronics devices?
    Can we all share some ideas which can help cricket to get better.

    e.g - to check the No-balls , sometimes umpires go to third umpire.Instead , we can have an electronic strip of some kind of sensor behind the white line where the bowler lands his foot. Now, whenever the bowler hits that strip , sensor is activated and some kind of signal is reached which says that the ball is legal i.e the foot is behind the line.
    Using the technology , there are two more cases arise : 1) when bowler's foot is completely behind the (white and sensor's strip) .
    In this case , umpire will know that foot was behind the lines , so no need of checking.
    2) when bowler's foot is completely missing the line(both white and sensor strip) .
    In this case umpire would notice that foot was ahead of line and it should be a no-ball.

    So , the result is - umpire still will see the foot when it lands and tell if the ball was legal or not using technology and his eyes.

    Similarly , you guys can think of some ideas which can innovate cricket.

    Thanks and Regards
    thefighter


    On my PS3 every time someone checks me in NHL hockey my controller vibrates. So I would like all the couches of the fans around the world to be wired up so that when a wicket falls your couch vibrates violently. What do you say to that idea. Pls respond quickly.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

    Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

    Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul


  5. #5
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    24,783
    In swimming there is a red line that moves at world record pace to judge if the swimmers are on world record pace. I would like a line every single ball to see if the bowler is at world record pace and a line once again for every hit to see if every bop over long on is at world record distance. Or failing that a 7th wicket stretch where we here the song M A R V E L L O U S at the fall of the 7th wicket. Pls respond urgently.
    Last edited by NUFAN; 01-01-2015 at 02:58 AM.
    andmark and Hurricane like this.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    10
    Good work and keep it continue.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

  7. #7
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62,986
    Adding a serious thought. I've long advocated the front foot being the 3rd umpires leaving the field umpire to watch the stumps at all points. I Can't see how it won't make lbw etc a lot easier for the field umpire and ok so the batsman doesn't get to have a wild swipe at a no ball called by the umpire on the field, but how often do they really have time to recognise the call and change their shot?
    Bijed and Prince EWS like this.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  8. #8
    International Regular Swingpanzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Not as talented as Shoaib Malik
    Posts
    3,395
    In tennis they have linesman to check whether the ball is out or not.

    Similarly I would like linesmen to check for the no-ball. Oh and it has to be innovative so i guess we can build some kind of robot to monitor the no-ball?


  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Europe, on the outside looking in
    Posts
    20,103
    Whether it is governed by technology or not, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be, I can see the merit in returning to a back foot no ball law, so that the batsman does have a chance to essay his shot safe in the knowledgethe bowler can't dismiss him

  10. #10
    International Captain andmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    5,608
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    In swimming there is a red line that moves at world record pace to judge if the swimmers are on world record pace. I would like a line every single ball to see if the bowler is at world record pace and a line once again for every hit to see if every bop over long on is at world record distance. Or failing that a 7th wicket stretch where we here the song M A R V E L L O U S at the fall of the 7th wicket. Pls respond urgently.
    That genuinely had me laughing outloud.

    I thought about a week a go that if there were no more technological advancements in cricket, then cricket fans should still be satisfied by what we have now. I mean compared to 30 years a go, you could barely see the ball on tv. Now we can see it quite easily, see the whole swing/spin of a bowl and slow motion replays clearly show seam position. In addition to that, we have snicko, hawkeye, hotspot, speedomotres, and even a machine which tells us the rotations on a spin bowl. It's utterly astonishing.

    That said, those flashing bails could be a decent addition if only they'd flash immediately after being dislodged
    Last edited by andmark; 01-01-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

  11. #11
    International Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,258
    Quote Originally Posted by andmark View Post
    That said, those flashing bails could be a decent addition if only they'd flash immediately after being dislodged
    They don't?
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

  12. #12
    International Captain andmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    5,608
    I don't think they do. I remember a run out and noticed they were a bit late

  13. #13
    U19 Debutant dfrinku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    307
    I don't remember the series but a few years ago, the broadcast showed the speeds of the bowler at release, before the bounce, after the bounce and as it reached the batsman and I thought it was a lot more telling of a bowlers speeds than just the reading they have now. I'd like to see that again more often to put to an end, once and for all, the definition of a heavy ball.
    zorax likes this.

  14. #14
    International Coach trundler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    11,289
    Quote Originally Posted by thefighter View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    What do you guys think about the innovation in Cricket using electronics devices?
    Can we all share some ideas which can help cricket to get better.

    e.g - to check the No-balls , sometimes umpires go to third umpire.Instead , we can have an electronic strip of some kind of sensor behind the white line where the bowler lands his foot. Now, whenever the bowler hits that strip , sensor is activated and some kind of signal is reached which says that the ball is legal i.e the foot is behind the line.
    Using the technology , there are two more cases arise : 1) when bowler's foot is completely behind the (white and sensor's strip) .
    In this case , umpire will know that foot was behind the lines , so no need of checking.
    2) when bowler's foot is completely missing the line(both white and sensor strip) .
    In this case umpire would notice that foot was ahead of line and it should be a no-ball.

    So , the result is - umpire still will see the foot when it lands and tell if the ball was legal or not using technology and his eyes.

    Similarly , you guys can think of some ideas which can innovate cricket.

    Thanks and Regards
    thefighter
    This guy was a true visionary.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

  15. #15
    Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    30,944
    Amazing that he thought of the technology before the concept even existed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket - Twenty20 World Cup (Details of Prizes Included)
    By James in forum Cricket Web Forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 06:40 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-07-2007, 04:12 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-02-2007, 07:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •