• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Blocky

Banned
There is an article in today or yesterday's Dom-Post (can't find it online unfortunately) about how much time Taylor has been spending in the nets at the Basin. It is apparently a lot. (Also, Neesham not so much).
Well hopefully that means he's finally pulled his finger out of his ass and is going back to working hard to get himself runs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Played BJW!

McCullum the main star in last years great save, Williamson this year, but Watling's been the one constant.

Jezroy

State Captain
I'd seriously love to see Aust or SA tour NZ.
Pretty sure that we are set for an Australia 3 test series here late summer next year. In addition to us playing there at the end of this year (either 2 or 3 tests). So considering we have two tests in Eng, then potentially 6 vs Aussie and a couple against someone else in between now and the end of next summer, it should give us a really good indication of how we are going in the world.

Plus don't the test rankings refresh at some point? That'll drop off games from 3 years ago, which can only be good for us.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So that chap who would go Haddin every time over Watling as a batsman, would he trade Haddin's 89 runs in 6 Tests vs India for BJ's hundy in this one innings? I guess not.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Pretty sure that we are set for an Australia 3 test series here late summer next year. In addition to us playing there at the end of this year (either 2 or 3 tests). So considering we have two tests in Eng, then potentially 6 vs Aussie and a couple against someone else in between now and the end of next summer, it should give us a really good indication of how we are going in the world.

Plus don't the test rankings refresh at some point? That'll drop off games from 3 years ago, which can only be good for us.
Went through this earlier in the thread as I thought the same, but the most recent schedule is not confirmed and we may only end up with 2 Tests vs Aus in Aus and nfi what at home.

Jezroy

State Captain
Went through this earlier in the thread as I thought the same, but the most recent schedule is not confirmed and we may only end up with 2 Tests vs Aus in Aus and nfi what at home.
David White said on Dilmah Tea Party the other day that the one thing he can confirm for next summer is we will be hosting Australia for a 3 test series.

Hope he wasn't lying.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hate New Zealand. They keep giving poor little subcontinent teams hope of victory, and then go "Nah, bastards". So heartbreaking.

Jezroy

State Captain
Turner, Sutcliffe, Crowe, Williamson, Taylor

Thoughts?
As a point of interest - Williamson gets 200 = he gets more test runs than Turner. In 2 less tests. In 2 less innings. With 2 more hundreds. At a better average.

Last edited: