• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A shame the presser has taken away from today's play. Rahane, Kohli, Harris and Haddin were amazing. Al produced cricket of the highest quality in their respective fields.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A shame the presser has taken away from today's play. Rahane, Kohli, Harris and Haddin were amazing. Al produced cricket of the highest quality in their respective fields.
Eh. Two good moments doesn't really compensate for the 2 sitters dropped.

OverratedSanity

haddin didn't drop any today though. you could sorta argue re: the watson catch but it still should've been taken by watson.
What sitters did he drop today?
Mixed up lyon with Haddin there, but the Watson catch was 100% down to Haddin imo, especially because of the angle of the delivery. Watson was slightly behind Haddin and when the ball went past the keeper, itw as actually far closer to him than it looked initially. He pulled a Dhoni, basically.

Burgey

Yeah, jagging that catch in the last over was amazing keeping. Just too shelf stuff after a long day and a bit in the field.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mixed up lyon with Haddin there, but the Watson catch was 100% down to Haddin imo, especially because of the angle of the delivery. Watson was slightly behind Haddin and when the ball went past the keeper, itw as actually far closer to him than it looked initially. He pulled a Dhoni, basically.
Twatto is always at fault. Don't help him blame someone else for his general ****ness. You now he's blaming someone else himself already!

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha. Perfect poor holy Indians being brought down to the levels of those lowly aussie scum!
the big bambino said:
Settled really. Sledging is only an issue for Indian players, admins, fans and journos. Only ever arises out as a complaint from them. So either sledge or complain about it but don't do both bcos the hypocrisy is getting tedious.
To be fair I think they're getting the idea now. Some have chosen to just focus on playing good cricket (Rahane, Bhuvi) and some seem to have decided to sledge back (the rest of the ****s).

Just explaining why it seems to be an issue and why the Indians seem so forced and ugly when they go about doing it. They aren't actually complaining about the sledging, they're just trying to justify their own use of it, as it seems to have backfired on them at moments and looks horrible in general.
Yeah, if anyone got the impression that I was trying to attack the Aussies for bringing down the Indians in any way, that was not what I meant.

I personally think that sledging should not exist, and is not up to par for cricket, so perhaps my language betrayed that.

I was trying to provide an explanation of why Indians are so piss poor at sledging and at handling sledging in general, because it is just not part of the routine here. I am not saying it as a holier than thou thing.

I completely agree that if they are going to get into it, like they are now, then they should handle it better, or rather not get into it at all (which I prefer obviously). But was lamenting that it is harder for some of these guys to stay out of because of the new brashness thing, as ***** pointed out earlier.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Whats the verdict on Johnson. Looks like he needs a little rest. Pace is down. Dont reckon he has bowled that badly. In recent series every gloves bouncer would go to hand while now they seem to be just landing perfectly Safety. Not too worried but he might need a break soon, atleast for his bung finger

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Whats the verdict on Johnson. Looks like he needs a little rest. Pace is down. Dont reckon he has bowled that badly. In recent series every gloves bouncer would go to hand while now they seem to be just landing perfectly Safety. Not too worried but he might need a break soon, atleast for his bung finger
yeah, I'd like to see him get a freshener - it would sharpen his hunger too. Not that I am suggesting for a moment that he lacks any, just think it would intensify it even more so

OverratedSanity

I think if it weren't for Harris, we'd have been in prime position to pull into a decent lead. Was brilliant in the morning, and when he came back later on, and it started to reverse, you just knew we were in trouble. Great bowler.

Burgey

yeah, I'd like to see him get a freshener - it would sharpen his hunger too. Not that I am suggesting for a moment that he lacks any, just think it would intensify it even more so
If the series is secured here he should sit out Sydney imo

Antihippy

International Debutant
Practically won us the brisbane test anyway so whatever. He did enough this series. Needs a rest for the world cup.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Who can replace him? We go Back to Siddle or Starc.

Keep Johnson on the park and rest him for the ODIs