• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Skin cancer

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tempted to go with a less confronting title but it's a major issue

Richie Benaud diagnosed with cancer

If he is having radiation therapy, then it's serious

My old man is riddled with it and I must have had 100 stitches

Slip, slop, slap kiddies as it will kill you and a suntan is not worth it

This has been a community service announcement from Social Inc. and should not be construed as an indication that I care about any of you

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Have worn the broad brim Chappell hat at cricket for 3 years now, even when batting.

Miss the old baggy style cap but better to be safe...

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Although tbf, the length of time I bat hardly necessitates a hat at all. I could probably bat stark naked for the rest of my career and not have any adverse effects...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Although tbf, the length of time I bat hardly necessitates a hat at all. I could probably bat stark naked for the rest of my career and not have any adverse effects...
Not in terms of skin cancer maybe, but adverse effects will be aplenty if you don't wear an abdomen guard.