• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Overrated Sanity - what are your thoughts on the ball tampering/lolly incident with Dravid during the Aus/Ind/Zim ODI series in 2003/04 in Australia?
That was dicey too, but looks far less blatant than Tendulkar's. Anyway I'll wait for Dravid to break his silence and lie about what happened to sell his autobiography after Clive Lloyd dies and has no way to respond.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was dicey too, but looks far less blatant than Tendulkar's. Anyway I'll wait for Dravid to break his silence and lie about what happened to sell his autobiography after Clive Lloyd dies and has no way to respond.
Known poor bloke Tendulkar badly in need of cash, so lying to sell his autobiography.

If he is lying its for his rep, not to sell books.

cnerd123

likes this
You know, between the ball tampering, monkeygate and this, I'm starting to think Sachin may be a pathological liar.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's good to see the likes of ***** coming around to the logical conclusion some of us here reached years ago.

Tendulkar is indeed second to Bradman. Not only as a batsman, but in cultivating an image of a wholesome, generous good guy (albeit about as interesting as shredded cardboard) when he's actually a sour, self-obsessed ****.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Known poor bloke Tendulkar badly in need of cash, so lying to sell his autobiography.

If he is lying its for his rep, not to sell books.
I don't think it's money, but celebs release autobio wanting to sell them. Not really specific to the buffoonerous Tendy but in general it's naive to think they don't put things in thinking it will get them to shift copies

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But my point was specifically in regards to Tendulkar and the ball tampering incident boi. If he is lying, he is doing that to make people not believe he's a cheat.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You know, between the ball tampering, monkeygate and this, I'm starting to think Sachin may be a pathological liar.
There is exactly a 0% chance that Sachin is making this up and Chappell didn't want Dravid gone. It is completely consistent with his reported behaviour throughout his entire tenure, including his open desire to slowly rid the old players from the team.

The fact after he left he even took credit for India's success because he said he was the one that knew the young players were good says plenty about him.

Happy to cop the Monkeygate and ball tampering points, but Chappell's statement is clearly false here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fmd I thought this bloke was retired
Yeah, unlike English cricketers (see Flintoff, Cook, Swann), Tendulkar wrote his book when he had actually finished his career and had something to say.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tendulkar is indeed second to Bradman. Not only as a batsman, but in cultivating an image of a wholesome, generous good guy (albeit about as interesting as shredded cardboard) when he's actually a sour, self-obsessed ****.
He walks.

qed.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow. Chappell's article above says things like, "Men don't say these things, but I have a genuine affection for Rahul Dravid."

Although I don't like to entertain the possibility of this, could it be that one of the players who wasn't pleased with Dravid's success was Sachin, and that since Chappell referred to that in his book, Sachin made a counter-attack in his book?

Could Tendulkar really be that obsessed with maintaining the good as god persona of his?

Maybe Sachin really is just a self obsessed prick with a god complex.

Last edited: