• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is Cricket in the Asian Games?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
In the current 17th Asian Games, Cricket is being played (in the T20 format). Could you tell me why?
Karate is also in the Asian Games, and WKF (World Karate Federation) is seeking to become an Olympic sport. But ICC is not seeking to become an Olympic sport. So why is Cricket in the Asian Games?:unsure:

cpr

International Coach
Well its a popular sport in the region, and thats what the games look to reflect. They do have a number of non-olympic sports in, such as Kabbadi, which are almost exclusive to the region.

End of the day, if its popular enough, then why not..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Kuwait were all out for 20 today. Always take delight in seeing such a terrible scorecard (unless its my teams of course).

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Kuwait were all out for 20 today. Always take delight in seeing such a terrible scorecard (unless its my teams of course).
O, all out in only 13.2 overs, and scored only 13 runs (plus 7 extras).
Nepal won by 9 wickets (1 wicket; 2.5 overs).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
for the first sake?
Yes its an old Japanese proverb or saying. It recognises the amazing taste sensation when you first eat sake. 'Ill do anything for the first sake' but now its just shortened to ffs. I believe siddletaki coined the phrase.

Last edited: