• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stats draft-2014

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
The order for the spin round will be critical.

The top three really separate themselves there as well.

Really Hope Bradman is included as well.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kirksland XI

01. Sir Leonard Hutton
11. Allan Donald

watson

Banned
The order for the spin round will be critical.

The top three really separate themselves there as well.

Really Hope Bradman is included as well.
This draft won't be any different to other drafts in that some people will have Warne, Murali, and O'Reilly in their side and some people won't. The only reason you think that you missing out more than usual kyear is because each round is specific to a particular type of player.

That said, when the draft is all done and dusted the same top 121 players will be selected (more or less), and everyone will have attempted to compensate in some way when they inevitably miss out on one of the elite of the elite. After all, not everyone can go first, second, or third in every round.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Not thinking it will be any worse than usual. Was just thinking that the order for the spin round will be more consequential than any other.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Arthur Robert Morris

He scored 3381 runs @45.68 with 11 centuries and 12 other* half centuries at the opening slots. Gives me a leeway of 55 for the other opener :)
So far I have Sir Richard John Hadlee alongside him.

harsh.ag

*For OS and his excellent point about how centuries should count as half-centuries.

watson

Banned
*For OS and his excellent point about how centuries should count as half-centuries.
If Bradman's record is displayed conventionally then it readily shows his phenomenal ability to convert 50s into centuries;

50s = 13
100s = 29

The alternate looks less impressive as it tends to mask a very nice aspect of Bradman's batsmanship;

50s = 42
100s = 29

Matthew Hayden is another rare batsman who has a higher tally in the 100s column;

50s = 29
100s = 30

Consequently, I tend to like the coventional way of recording 50s even though it is merely cosmetic.

Last edited:

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
1. ankitj - Sunil Gavaskar
2. kingkallis - Sir Jack Hobbs
3. kyer2 - Sir Len Hutton
4. monk - Gordon Greenidge
5. aldoRaine18 - Herbert Sutcliffe
6. coronis - Matthew Hayden
7. morgieb - Geoff Boycott
8. weldone - Virender Sehwag
9. harsh.ag - Arthur Morris
10. Camo999
11. ohnoitsyou

Pick an opening batsman who has scored at least 8 centuries against non-minnows (ie; minus Zimbabwe, Bangladesh). He should average above 45 batting at 1 or 2. But keep in mind that, eventually, the combined batting average of both your openers should not exceed 100 runs. So, for example, if you select Sutcliffe (61), you can't select Greenidge (45) later.

Clarification 1: We will ignore fractions. So Hobbs' average is 56. Gavaskar's is 51. Trumper's is 39.
Clarification 2: This average will be his career average as opener (excluding the innings in non-opening slots) and excluding those matches against the minnows as in the "minimum of 8 centuries" clause.[/QUOTE]

bagapath

International Captain
Round 2

1. ankitj - Sunil Gavaskar
2. kingkallis - Sir Jack Hobbs
3. kyer2 - Sir Len Hutton
4. monk - Gordon Greenidge
5. aldoRaine18 - Herbert Sutcliffe
6. coronis - Matthew Hayden
7. morgieb - Geoff Boycott
8. weldone - Virender Sehwag
9. harsh.ag - Arthur Morris
10. Camo999 - Bill Lawry
11. ohnoitsyou - Bob Simpson

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
Round 3

1. Camo999
2. ohnoitsyou
3. morgieb
4. kyer2
5. aldoRaine18
6. weldone
7. kingkallis
8. ankitj
9. monk
10. harsh.ag
11. coronis

Time to select a wicket keeper who has kept wickets for at least 40 test matches, averaging more than 2.5 dismissals per test with a batting average above 25 against non minnows.

harsh.ag

Round 3
Time to select a wicket keeper who has kept wickets for at least 40 test matches, averaging more than 2.5 dismissals per test with a batting average above 25 against non minnows.
Make it below 25! Way more fun.

harsh.ag

Also, is the average of 25 to be considered solely as keeper or as either batsman or keeper?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Round 3

Not sure if there's a reason for your criteria, but these criteria will exclude players like Don Tallon and Godfrey Evans who should surely be picked in a draft like this.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Not many options here so Bob Simpson

And i assume Camo will take Gilly, so Alan Knott.

Last edited:

Camo999

State 12th Man
I think Sanga fits the criteria. If I take him, does he have to be my designated wk? If this pick is for our designated wk I guess I'll take gilly but if i'm able to pick another wk later on, I'll go for Sanga...