Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: **Official** Bangladesh in the West Indies

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Nice victory by Windies. Nice improvement by Bangladesh, losing by less than 100. Good all around.
    I dunno about that. They'd essentially lost the game in the second over and never really made a concerted push to go for the win. They were able to get within 100 but were never a chance of overhauling the target.

That said, it does look much nicer on the scorecard this way than them going down in flames shooting for glory. It's still slightly negative play though.

Ike
    *** rain! Torrential downpours and wind. Not looking good.

As for the last ODI, I thought Bangladesh were trying, and had a chance (admittedly remote) for much of their innings. In any case, losing by under 100 was a hell of an improvement!

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Cannot believe that many Cricket series in recent time have been arranged during the rainy season. Stupid scheduling.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    There are still 2 test matches in this tour. West Indies very likely should win this but because its a rainy period in the Caribbean and will get worse and worse as time goes on, Bangladesh as long as they play their best game could sneak in a draw or 2. Their bowling attack is extremely weak due to Shakib absence so West Indies batsman will be licking their lips in boosting their run charts.

Ike
    All quite true, but alas the Windies have a poor track record recently in Test cricket. Hopefully they can build confidence before South Africa by playing Bangladesh, but it will be a disaster if Bangladesh should manage to top them even once. As for South Africa, it's scary in any case.

Roach, Taylor and Holder should be enough to topple Bangladesh. Id be picking Benn over Narine too.

Ike
    Agreed that Narine isn't as effective in Tests, and is typically left out (he's only played in 6, compared to 52 ODIs and 32 T20s), but it still ticks me off, since I always love to see him bowl.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    All quite true, but alas the Windies have a poor track record recently in Test cricket. Hopefully they can build confidence before South Africa by playing Bangladesh, but it will be a disaster if Bangladesh should manage to top them even once. As for South Africa, it's scary in any case.
    West Indies will destroy Bangladesh. Easily.

The batsmen should be looking to fill their boots - And for ****s sake, don't pick five bowlers again. Blackwood needs to play.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

So the test squad has been announced and it's the same as for the last test against New Zealand (see below). The board said 2 payers were considered for selection but declined due to the Champions League and because there is an official ICC window for it they won't be punished. I reckon those two players were Narine and Pollard.

Denesh Ramdin (Captain), Sulieman Benn, Jermaine Blackwood, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Shannon Gabriel, Christopher Gayle, Jason Holder, Kemar Roach, Shane Shillingford, Jerome Taylor

My only complaint is that Shillingford has still been selected eveb though it is obvious he has lost most of his effectiveness with the new action. I would like to have seen Bishoo reintroduced. I agree with GotSpin, Blackwood must play.

Shillingford is a waste of a spot. If Pollard isn't playing I'd rather they gave the spot to that young allrounder Carlos. Not to play, just to be in the squad.

hopefully Roach and Taylor keep improving and getting back to their best.

So two players chose t20 over the test series. Don't punish them, simply don't consider them for future tests and if one of those players happens to be a certain spinner, then it's time to invest in other up and coming spinners
    Cause Slifer said so.........!!!!

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    You can't blame Narine, he's just trying to make as much money as he can before he gets picked up for throwing and his career suffers the same fate as Shillingord's.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    West Indies is not even a country so I don't blame why Bravo and Narine decide to choose CLT20. In fact, I heard Trinidad and Tobago wants to break away from the West Indies and form their own national team.

Ike
    Hadn't heard that. Hope it doesn't happen; I expect it would hurt both WI and T&T.

Quote Originally Posted by Energetic View Post
    West Indies is not even a country so I don't blame why Bravo and Narine decide to choose CLT20. In fact, I heard Trinidad and Tobago wants to break away from the West Indies and form their own national team.
    I heard that too and as much as I like T&T I wish they would....

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information