Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: **Official** Bangladesh in the West Indies

GGG
    Time to give Ireland or Afghanistan a crack.

International Regular
    Ireland would be more competitive more consistently, but I think dropping Bangla back down and not promoting another would be the best course of action. Ire/Afgan should improve as they play against better players and Bangladesh can develop players because they aren't getting smashed all the time.

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Looking forward to tomorrow's match. Big Windies fan (only test 'nation' in my hemisphere after all), although I had to feel bad for Bangladesh yesterday, even while I wanted Windies to win. Don't understand why WI left Sammy out. He can do magic! Hopefully he'll be back in the lineup tomorrow.
    Welcome Ike...don't be afraid to contribute on the other WI threads aswell man.
    Ike likes this.
    One Day cups- Champions trophy winners-T20 cup-29 test series without defeat record- and some think we're a "minnow".

Ike
    Thanks. The forum is rather overwhelming.. I'll have to look for the other Windies threads. Should have been following during the CPL, managed to see almost every ball. And loved every minute, except for the end of the Final. Don't know what rules stopped them, but they had good lights, and it had cleared. They easily could have played those last few overs, and created a fair result. I was rooting for Guyana (hard not to root for a team with Narine), but I would have respected Barbados if they had stopped the Warriors after 20 overs. Calling it after 15.5 totally sucked. True, it would have been really tough for the Warriors, but I've seen tougher chases won in T20 (and every format, for that matter).

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Thanks. The forum is rather overwhelming.. I'll have to look for the other Windies threads. Should have been following during the CPL, managed to see almost every ball. And loved every minute, except for the end of the Final. Don't know what rules stopped them, but they had good lights, and it had cleared. They easily could have played those last few overs, and created a fair result. I was rooting for Guyana (hard not to root for a team with Narine), but I would have respected Barbados if they had stopped the Warriors after 20 overs. Calling it after 15.5 totally sucked. True, it would have been really tough for the Warriors, but I've seen tougher chases won in T20 (and every format, for that matter).
    Yeah at first the forum can be like that but stick at it and you'll soon get comfortable. Wi has a lot of cricket coming up over the next nine months or so so from our perspective there should be a lot to talk about .

Ike
    Yes indeed. After this series and the Champions we have tours of India and South Africa, then the WC! Great time for cricket.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I don't understand Bangladesh. They can't even win 1 game against a full member this year then doesn't this prove they should be playing more with associates if they seriously want to stand a chance of winning? problem with Bangladesh Cricket is that they have an extremely poor cricketing infrastructure, a lot of their players do not look like they have serious interest in the sport and many of them behave unprofessionally. Which is why they will never break into the top 8 until these things changes. Funny their women's and under-19 teams are very competitive but the men's are a bunch of p****** and they yet call themselves as the Tigers

3rd ODI Prediction: I predict they will do much much better this time around but the result still the same unless the Windies are complacent since its a dead-rubber.

Ike
    Cricinfo preview says Russel may replace Holder. Can't put much trust in their previews, but I think this would be a mistake. Holder has played adequately and has a ton of potential.

Ike
    Holder kept. good. Sammy added. good. WI 13-2 in the PP. bad.

Oops... 10 overs in ODI PP. Still learning!
    Last edited by Ike; 25-08-2014 at 01:06 PM.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    West Indies scoring massive.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    What a spanking. Trousers down, six of the best.

International Regular
    Stick a fork in these lot as a Test playing nation, associate status beckons.

Ike
    What an innings for Radmin! Tied Lara for third best Windies ODI innings ever (no surprise, Sir Viv holds 1st and 2nd). I've already learned, it's never over till it's over in cricket, but I fear a demoralized Bangladesh team will be humiliated again. Personally, I don't wish loss of test status on any nation. The Bangladeshis love their cricket, I hope their team improves. And I'm rooting for Ireland to get test status too!!

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Weird scorecard. Two big hundreds and nobody else scored over 10.

Ike
    Nice victory by Windies. Nice improvement by Bangladesh, losing by less than 100. Good all around.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information