• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2014

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smart tactics, if they keep dropping Sangakkara and force him to score too many runs he'll eventually retire out.

viriya

International Captain
First genuine chance off Ajmal and grassed. Pak bent on getting Sanga's average vs them to 100 it seems.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Lol it was Younis

Those watching the match....

How has Junaid been? Has he swung the new ball? If yes, which way?

Also any signs of seam movement from him?

I don't understand how someone can completely lose an ability like new ball swing. He used to swing the new ball but now he doesn't do it at all. Hope Waqar can work with him.

viriya

International Captain
Junaid has been the only positive of the Pak attack imo. Swung the new ball both ways and should've gotten Sanga first ball of the day.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
The dropped catches never show up in bowler's averages. Pak bowlers would have had significantly better averages with even average standard fielding

viriya

International Captain
The dropped catches never show up in bowler's averages. Pak bowlers would have had significantly better averages with even average standard fielding
Makes you wonder how much a good fielding side would affect a bowler's career average..

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not seen any of this, presume it a road so even if they have a thrash and get 600 they have no chance of a win without a lollapse.

Oh, and please get that average to 60 Sanga. Be great to see it that high after such a long career. Might not see one that high ever again after a decent length of time.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Makes you wonder how much a good fielding side would affect a bowler's career average..
For sure. I remember Pakistan dropping Ponting for a duck and he went on to make 200.we have seen this so many times with pakistan. Even today with sangakkara. Q

viriya

International Captain
For sure. I remember Pakistan dropping Ponting for a duck and he went on to make 200.we have seen this so many times with pakistan. Even today with sangakkara. Q
I think this is an issue with subcontinent teams in general, but most for Pak and Ind who have never really had great fielding sides.

flibbertyjibber

I think this is an issue with subcontinent teams in general, but most for Pak and Ind who have never really had great fielding sides.
Indian fielding in the current series in England has been awful. Pakistan have never really had a good fielding side in my time watching cricket. Sri Lanka generally been the best of the SC sides but not saying much.

smash84

The Tiger King
Biggest issue with Pakistan. India have fielded significantly good fielding sides. SL have been a very good fielding side though.

viriya

International Captain
Ajmal can fix his figures with the SL batsmen to come. Vithanage has looked a poor replacement to Thirimanne and Thiri has been all at sea lately.

flibbertyjibber

I know it is childish but who else smirks when they read the name of the new keeper and think about what Brian Johnston would have made of it?

smash84

The Tiger King
Ajmal has bowled much better than his figures suggest. Something the stats brigade won't understand.

viriya

International Captain
Ajmal has bowled much better than his figures suggest. Something the stats brigade won't understand.
When you bowl well, more often than not your figures will show that. Over a long career unlucky spells are evened out with lucky ones.