Page 543 of 574 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 8605
Like Tree1659Likes

Thread: ***Official*** India in England 2014

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Yeah. Personally I don't see the point of playing bits n pieces players like Woakes, Stokes and Jordan when England should be trying to find a proper third seamer. Those three aren't going to do diddly squat over here other then go at 7 runs an over. TRY and find a proper third seamer, play just one of those 'all rounders' and Tredwell I guess. Root will no doubt be in the team too, so your've got a decent sixth bowling option there.
    Considering he took 4fer and bowled well today, odd game to brand Woakes bits and pieces. Rankin/Finn in for the other two would be the best bet.

Root shouldn't be in the team, he isn't a good ODI bat.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    SA have a world class operator or two in their top order. We won't, whoever we pick in the top 5. Plus we don't really know whether conditions in their game were the same as in Cardiff, so it's probably better to avoid simple comparisons. Trouble is our attack weren't able to make as good use of them as India have been. Bottom line is we're going to be 2nd rate whoever we pick in this format. Which is why I got in trouble the other day for suggesting that's there's no point in Anderson playing in anything other than test matches nowadays, He'll usually go for plenty, we'll lose anyway, and he'll be completely buggered by the time we need him next summer.
    If you can't even contemplate chasing 300 on a small ground on a pretty placid pitch then just give up. The bowling is ****e, but its ODI cricket - chasing scores is the name of the game.

Yeah, it's fairly obvious now (always was though tbf) that our ODI side going forward is incredibly reliant on Finn. With Jimmy, Broad, Finn, Tredders + one of the "bit's and pieces" players (Woakes or Ali for mine depending on conditions) I reckon that's a pretty sound attack.

Don't mind them ****ing about a bit now while Broad is out and trying some different combinations........but I really hope they get Finn in early in this series and see how he goes. It is becoming obvious that Jordan and Stokes are just too risky to gamble with atm.........the pair of them were Dernbach like in their ****ness last night (and that's probably harsh on Jade tbf)

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    And, you know, give Bopara back the place that's rightfully his.

Not even joking.
    Viscount Tom likes this.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    We're starting to sound like Cricinfo, but at least we've got solid reasons behind us wanting Ravi back.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

England played like India

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Raina WAG, dude's one of our best limited overs player, its so unfair that everyone gets on his case after a few failures each time.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!

I'm going to take a wild guess that that means "Revenge".

I know you guys have been joking about this revenge thing, but in reality none of us Indian fans here think of ODI wins as revenge, so it is bit pointless.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    I know you guys have been joking about this revenge thing, but in reality none of us Indian fans here think of ODI wins as revenge, so it is bit pointless.
    Speak for yourself
    Singh Is King likes this.

Talking about Indian fans I was quite amused watching last night.........they must have had a big turn out in Cardiff because they made a lot of noise the whole game, but all their songs were very typically English, and I got to wondering how many of them have probably never even been to India?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Speak for yourself
    Karmas coming for you Daemon......

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Talking about Indian fans I was quite amused watching last night.........they must have had a big turn out in Cardiff because they made a lot of noise the whole game, but all their songs were very typically English, and I got to wondering how many of them have probably never even been to India?
    Says a lot about the motherland that you can't even get people born in the UK to support yourself I mean, if there was a match in Scotland right now, support for India would be off the charts
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

****ing ingrates

Thread Information