• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't get all these people saying "5 bowler strategy might not work", and "Ashwin is not a good bowler on such tracks".

Am I the only one who wants him for his batting? :laugh: **** Rohit.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get all these people saying "5 bowler strategy might not work", and "Ashwin is not a good bowler on such tracks".

Can be Indian version of Ali. Bat at 6 and bowl as 5th bowler.

England unchanged.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Friggin ell that India team

Ashwin for Rohit would have made the most sense last time - pretty poor treatment of Rohit to play him for one test. At least Dhoni seems able to admit errors - he's said before that the bowlers were somewhat tired last time.

Don't think I'd have batted tbh. Never really a bad option but the rain today suggests I'd like to have a bowl first and try to getting batting tomorrow.

Don't rate Jordan highly but wasn't that keen for Finn either. Hoping Woakes comes good.

OverratedSanity

Exactly. And I saw people naming XIs here for the next match which had Ashwin batting lower than Dhoni and Jadeja. Come on, people, have you evevn watched Ashwin bat?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't have dropped Shami or Dhawan but I'm happy to see Pankaj retained and Ashwin playing.

Very inexperienced bowling lineup though.

Stapel

International Regular
England unchanged, which was expected, given how England have operated over the years. I agree anyway. Despite being inconsistent, I still think Jordan's bowling wasn't as bad as many say it was (2 times dropped and 3 more edges through the slips in Southampton).

Gambhir, Ashwin and Varun Aaron playing.

Shami, Dhawan, Rohit out.
India won the toss and will bat.

Good to see Pankaj being backed more than 1 game on a flattish track where he was unlucky, after waiting for so long.
I guess India made the right choices. Shami didn't look good, whereas Pankaj did. Looking forward to Aaron! Gautam for Dhawan was gonna happen. Rohit might feel a bit hard done by, but it's really a strategical change. IMHO, Ashwin should have played for Binny/Rohit anyway from Test 1.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Rohit kinda unlucky, but Ashwin's gotta play. Is Bhuvi fully fit?
Dunno, might be a desperation move to play him though and hence the extra bowler to share the workload and batting first with 2 spinners.

Good to see Pankaj being backed more than 1 game on a flattish track where he was unlucky, after waiting for so long.

Not sure about Aaron over Pandey,btw. Guess he offers variety to the attack as Pandey is pretty similar to Pankaj as a bowler but he has pace but i am not convinced yet he has much more else.

OverratedSanity

Why are people saying Rohit is hard done by? He was awful in South Africa, didnt do much in New Zeland, and here, even though it was only one match, the manner of the dismissal in the first innings was really disappointing. Droppable imo.