• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

Howe_zat

Audio File
The CW Cricket Council has noticed an astonishing lack of funds, which have been allegedly spent on a combination of after-parties and necromancy. While bringing back past cricketers for exhibition Test series has had something for the purists, we are now in situation barely above panhandling - that is, we'll need some limited overs tournaments as well.

The good news is, all cricketers of yesteryear are available, including such players as DG Bradman (b 27 August 1908 in Cootamundra) and DH Fearn (b 26 June 1928 in Sheffield). The bad news is the ongoing finance issues allows a maximum squad of 12 to play in all three formats, giving team managers the say in whether either of these luminaries befit all their sides.

In brief:

Draft a squad of 12, then post up a line for the five-day, one-day and twenty-over side. Naming your franchise at some point is expected. A voting thread will ask people to vote for three sides, the one that's best in each format. The winner is whoever gets the most votes in total.

Teams:

1. Howe_zat
2. Pothas
3. Camo999
4. Watson
5. harsh.ag
6. Monk
7. Blakus
8. morgieb
9. kyear2
10. Dan
11. ohnoitsyou

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Will pass on it. Not confident of doing a good job in this format. Will be fun to follow.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Do we go with the assumption that Viv would (arguably) have been a better T20 player than Hussey or get penalised for picking players that have no proven record in a format?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Do we go with the assumption that Viv would (arguably) have been a better T20 player than Hussey or get penalised for picking players that have no proven record in a format?
Voter's prerogative. I'd go ahead and extrapolate on Viv's record and repuation when voting but I know someone like Cribb wouldn't.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'll start this when we get to 12 drafters, and then anyone else who joins in can go on the end of round 1.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Round 1

Camo999
Pothas
Blakus
GI Joe
harsh.ag
ohnoitsyou
Dan
Watson
morgieb
Monk
kyear2
Howe_zat

Standard 12 hours per person, though Camo gets as much time as he needs.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll start this when we get to 12 drafters, and then anyone else who joins in can go on the end of round 1.
Reckon 12's about ideal anyhow…

There is no doubt in my mind that Viv would've been the greatest 20/20 batsman of all time. Was the greatest in ODIs imo.

The fun of this draft is speculating which players from bygone eras would've been great LO players (without being **** at tests). I like that.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, I have no problem with that thinking for the purposes of the draft. I just wanted it clarified so we don't get watsoned at the end :ph34r:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 1

Camo999
Pothas
Blakus
GI Joe
harsh.ag
ohnoitsyou
Dan
Watson
morgieb
Monk
kyear2
Howe_zat

Standard 12 hours per person, though Camo gets as much time as he needs.
Cannot buy a break with these first rounds.