• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestion for the voting thread - 'The Best from each Decade Birthday DRAFT'.

watson

Banned
Saint Kopite messaged me wondering whether we have a Group stage when voting. After a little bit if thought I think that the following may work;

1. The 14 teams are divided into 2 groups of 7 using the Randomiser, and the 2 Voting threads are put-up.

2. People then vote for the 2 strongest teams in each group. Voting lasts 72 hours (3 days). If there is a tie for 2nd place then there will be another 24 hours of voting to break the deadlock. If there is a tie for first place then the team that happens to be higher on the list is the 'winner'.

3. The 1st placed team in Group 1 plays against the 2nd placed team in Group 2 in the first Semi Final. The 1st placed team in Group 2 plays against the 2nd placed team in Group 1 in the 2nd Semi Final. Voting lasts 72 hours. If there is a tie between the Semi Finalists then there will be another 24 hours of voting to break the deadlock.

4. The winners of the Semi Finals play in the Grand Final. Voting lasts 72 hours. If there is a tie between the Finalists then there will be another 24 hours of voting to break the deadlock.

Please note that voting will therefore last for 9 to 12 days depending on how many ties there are. Also, it may get confusing because there will need to be 5 separate voting threads - 2 x Group Stage, Semi Finals, and a Final.

Problems may arise if there is a tie or potential tie. Therefore, voting will last for exactly 72 hours, and exactly 24 hours after that if extra time is required to break a deadlock.

I'm happy to organise a traditional Voting Thread where everyone votes for the 3 strongest teams on show, and then the winner is declared after about a week. But since Saint Kopite suggested a Group Stage etc then I thought I'd put the offer out there.

What do think? Voting with a Group Stage, Semi Finals, and a Final? Or our traditional voting method?

watson

Banned
OK cool. But realise that there will be a deal of 'tediousity'. So feel free to offer suggestions that might make the thing run more smoothly.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
FOR. More time consuming, but will yield a more thorough result than a straight 3 pick.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I like the idea of head to head battles. In a knock out comp type thing. But it's a lot of work, and the non-draft/ATG people might find it annoying!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But it's a lot of work, and the non-draft/ATG people might find it annoying!
Not if you just kept it to one thread. It's very possible to have several match-ups across one thread as the BOTM thread and indeed all the battle threads really have shown us.

watson

Banned
Not if you just kept it to one thread. It's very possible to have several match-ups across one thread as the BOTM thread and indeed all the battle threads really have shown us.
OK good. But will need to be pointed in the right direction re 5 polls in 1 thread :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
OK good. But will need to be pointed in the right direction re 5 polls in 1 thread :)
You do it without polls. Post up the first battle in the thread, get people to post their selections in bold and then count up the votes. Then you post the next battle, get people to post again - etc etc.

I definitely think it'd get a bit annoying if Cricket Chat contained 12 individual one-on-one poll threads for a draft.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yep. And also it creates a bit of discussion (which will inevitably turn in to something about WG not being able to cope with the WIs pace quartet, or Imran never being able to get his batting and bowling together at once, or Warne's record on the subcontinent, or whether these matches are played on covered pitches or stickies)…

All healthy fun!

watson

Banned
You do it without polls. Post up the first battle in the thread, get people to post their selections in bold and then count up the votes. Then you post the next battle, get people to post again - etc etc.

I definitely think it'd get a bit annoying if Cricket Chat contained 12 individual one-on-one poll threads for a draft.
No, there would be only 3 one-on-one poll threads as most of the teams would be voted out during the Group Stage. See rules above.

uvelocity

International Coach
i think you should create 24 threads. one to vote in and one to explain your reasons to vote a particular way

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
I would like the group stage, I am sure after spending so much time on drafting players we can spend a little more time on voting.

My vote is definitely FOR.

To remove the factor of people voting for same team, we can have a rule where the two teams qualifying from each group can replace 1-2 of their players from the ones that left the tournament in their groups.

And for the problem of having multiple KO games in the same thread, you can have a poll with the option to select multiple teams, like in a big voting poll, but make sure to highlight that people vote in a KO format, that is one from first two, one from next two, etc.

I would prefer something like this but if people want a traditional voting method I am completely fine with it as well. Thanks for putting the effort, you've done a great job!

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I would like the group stage, I am sure after spending so much time on drafting players we can spend a little more time on voting.

My vote is definitely FOR.

To remove the factor of people voting for same team, we can have a rule where the two teams qualifying from each group can replace 1-2 of their players from the ones that left the tournament in their groups.

And for the problem of having multiple KO games in the same thread, you can have a poll with the option to select multiple teams, like in a big voting poll, but make sure to highlight that people vote in a KO format, that is one from first two, one from next two, etc.

I would prefer something like this but if people want a traditional voting method I am completely fine with it as well. Thanks for putting the effort, you've done a great job!
That would be amazing