• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Orange attempt to take control of Catches

G.I.Joe

International Coach
News filtering in that the orange bourgeoisie has it's proponents who demand exclusivity to catches in the crowd :-O. This may be the end of spectator gaiety as we know it. Stadium audiences should not tolerate a two tier system with the moneyed demanding a greater right to embarrass themselves with a ball to the face.

"Get outta my way, plebs!"

G.I.Joe

International Coach
SilentOne: Next year if Tui have this same catch a 100k, anyone not wearing the shirt that impeades or gets in the way of someone wearing one, nees to be chucked the **** out.

Blakey: Basically they're trying to **** you over if they get in the way knowing anyone in a Tui shirt and the lanyard could pocket 100k.

Next year we'll make sure the campaign features more media and educate those wankers (who aren't taking part) not to ruin it for everyone else.

16 tins of Spam: Whoa there, fellas. If you've paid for your ticket, you're just as entitled to try and catch a six as anyone else. Why should you miss out just 'cause some goobers in the crowd have paid to spruik a really terrible beer?

G.I.Joe: No one's going to consciously avoid the ball just because there may or may not be someone in an orange dartboard tee with a stupid lanyard behind him. You paid for entry, you paid for the right to catch a ball that's landing in your vicinity. Absolutely ridiculous to demand otherwise.

Days of Grace: Disagree. If I was in that guy's position, knowing full well that there were orange shirts around me (you've had all ****ing day to notice them), then there's no one in hell would I be diving in front of them. I mean, that's just a dickish act of the highest order.

G.I.Joe: Now you're supposed to keep track of the movements of fellow spectators just because you didn't pay extra? I'd like to know what sort of game you've been to where people don't keep moving around when there's plenty of empty seats or you're on the grassy knoll.

Good guy Phlegm, advocate for the little guys delivers the most convincing argument against the elitists:

Flem274*: nah **** them. they know they're in a stadium surrounded by other people. the point of the promotion is not to give away 100k but to watch fat old orange ****s fall down several rows and spill their beers everywhere. its ****ing great to watch.

thats a point. the ****s spill beer on you if they go for the catch and miss. catching it first fair game imo.

Athlai: Catching it when it comes in your sphere is fine if you aren't participating but going out of your way is a dick move.

Hurricane makes his pitch for the Big Orange Representative Empathetic Supporters,

Hurricane: DWTA - a guy 2 rows in front of me would have caught it but his mate in a team india shirt jumped in front of him. Mr general joe public is a boob. You and GI Joe would change your tune if you were the person 2 rows in front of me. Have some empathy. I suspect the pair of you are trolling.

G.I.Joe: Listen bud, if you're wearing the tee and want to catch a ball, you make sure you've sat your ass where there's no one to obstruct you. It's just common sense. You don't get the right to inconvenience the regular folks by plonking yourself right in the middle of a crowd and expecting everyone else to stay still for your benefit. Empathy isn't a one way street.

Hurricane: I don't think you are being serious.

Kippax: Yeah, agree with GI Joe.

"This grabby and obnoxious starling who paid $30 for an orange shirt really wants to claim this bread the old man's throwing, oh god, I'm just a disenfranchised little sparrow these days. I better submit to the starling, even though he's planning to give me 0% of the cut, will blithely spill his **** all over me and think little of it, and wasn't shrewd enough to make me complicit beforehand".

straw man delivers a straw man :ph34r:

straw man: Probably not a good idea for a sparrow to try to catch a cricket ball itself tbh.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AW 16Tins. You pays your money, you takes your chance. The orange T Shirt gives you no exclusivity. I personally am not going to get in the way, but I'd personally not want to sit anywhere near some **** who's likely to dive on me and potentially break my neck.

Certainly not in the name of some awful sweet excuse for a beer.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Yeah, look, I agree that the shirt shouldn't entitle anyone to some exclusive right to catch the ball but that bloke last night who dived over several seats just to knock the ball out of another guy's hand was a **** move. It doesn't matter that one was wearing an orange shirt imo. If both were in plain clothes and the guy had dived across him he'd still be a complete ****.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, look, I agree that the shirt shouldn't entitle anyone to some exclusive right to catch the ball but that bloke last night who dived over several seats just to knock the ball out of another guy's hand was a **** move. It doesn't matter that one was wearing an orange shirt imo. If both were in plain clothes and the guy had dived across him he'd still be a complete ****.
In that example, he looked a ****, but he has a right to do it. He even had a lanyard on himself, strangely.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I reckon instead of a lanyard they need to have a beer in one hand and to catch the ball in the other. If they spill the beer they lose everything.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
BBC NEWS | Europe | 'Paris Syndrome' strikes Japanese

Shocking reality

Many of the visitors come with a deeply romantic vision of Paris - the cobbled streets, as seen in the film Amelie, the beauty of French women or the high culture and art at the Louvre.

The reality can come as a shock.

An encounter with a rude taxi driver, or a Parisian waiter who shouts at customers who cannot speak fluent French, might be laughed off by those from other Western cultures.
Yeah, I've heard India might be suffering from a similar syndrome to that on this current New Zealand tour. They expected the old ICC Spirit of Cricket vibe, the self-satirising vibe of Chris Martin, Franklin, Oram etc. to still be largely as it was back in 2008/09.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
barring McCleneghan, who's perhaps had a few words to say, I don't think there's been anything overly aggressive or intimidating. Even Southee and Mills have been relatively quiet, and they usually have a few things to say.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
In that example, he looked a ****, but he has a right to do it. He even had a lanyard on himself, strangely.
I was sitting two rows behind the action. He had a shirt but had mysteriously taken it off and he put it back on again after the missed catch.