• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Australian ODI team

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The team should be:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Jones
Bevan
Symonds
Watson
Lee
Warne
Bracken
McGrath

Victor Ian

International Coach
Jones - Best batsman of his time - has to be in team - Can't believe he never made an MCG hundred.
Waugh - Legend - Captain
Symonds - Awesome - Forget his batting and bowling - I watched him for the fielding

Bad luck brigade:
Can't believe I am going to bypass Hussey and Bevan, but this team is not going to need finishing, though I'll still probably pick Bevan at 7. I remember him also being a useful bowler (Or was that just in tests matches)
I deserve to be shot for leaving out Border.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Jones
Bevan
Hussey

Prefer Bevan higher than #6 if possible in this side. He was great in a chase but when setting a target, coming in in the last 10 or 15 overs felt he tended to be happy to take easy singles rather than take on the boundaries as often as might be required for a #6 hence his relatively low strike rate and why he was often demoted for the likes of Ian Harvey and Shane Lee in these circumstances.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Jones
Bevan
Hussey

Prefer Bevan higher than #6 if possible in this side. He was great in a chase but when setting a target, coming in in the last 10 or 15 overs felt he tended to be happy to take easy singles rather than take on the boundaries as often as might be required for a #6 hence his relatively low strike rate and why he was often demoted for the likes of Ian Harvey and Shane Lee in these circumstances.
Yeah it's also why it's not quite correct to say that Bevan and Hussey will play the same role - Hussey is a finisher, not a chaser, which is a subtly different thing.

edit: i r good english

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Votes so far:

Bevan- 11
Jones- 9
Hussey- 7
Symonds- 7
S.Waugh- 2
Martyn- 1
Clarke- 1

Need someone to break the deadlock between Huss and Roy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Also, I think we need clarification from the Hussey supporters, are they voting for David or Michael?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Righto then, Benchy sorted it then ohnoitsyou deadlocked it again.

Bevan- 12
Jones- 10
Symonds- 8
Hussey- 8

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Some wise man once said about Michael Hussey "If he can't average above 25 with the bat during his World Cup career, he don't deserve a place in an all time great team".