• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best batsman after Lara and Sachin

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Aussie Beater, I think RP has improved his technique significantly, he is a lot tighter now than in his younger years and definitely more focused mentally. If he was to go back and play them (Wasim, Waqar, Ambrose, Walsh) now, I think he would do a lot better.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Jnr. said:
Aussie Beater, I think RP has improved his technique significantly, he is a lot tighter now than in his younger years and definitely more focused mentally. If he was to go back and play them (Wasim, Waqar, Ambrose, Walsh) now, I think he would do a lot better.
Maybe he would, but that's just speculation....we won't know for real and so can't really judge him that way.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
IIRC, both Wasim and Waqar said that RP is one of the top players of pace bowling.

This thread makes me wonder how Hayden and Dravid would've gone against those great bowlers at their peak.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
michael_vaughan said:
well i think the best batter after Lara and Sachin is michael vaughan

jane
No bias Im sure.

So Ill say Craig White and Prosper Utseya.

As I said, so bias Im sure.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Alan Mullaly deserves a mention for both tests and one day matches. I don't think I've ever seen a finer batsman in my lifetime. :p

Don

State Vice-Captain
well my answer is and will always be shiv the tiger narine chanderpaul.in my eyes hes better than lara.yes i saud it i think hes better than lara.go on now inslut me becuz of my craziness

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don said:
well my answer is and will always be shiv the tiger narine chanderpaul.in my eyes hes better than lara.yes i saud it i think hes better than lara.go on now inslut me becuz of my craziness
You're crazy, Don!! :D

Seriously tho, Chanderpaul was amazing in England. Places value on his wicket, never gave it away. Not the most naturally gifted batter, but gee he makes the best of what he's got.

He got a couple of terrible decisions against him & still topped the Windies averages with plenty to spare. The kinda bloke you'd want in the trenches with you.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Dravid, Hayden, Ponting and Kallis for me. In that order.

I find it amazing that so people under-rate Hayden and Kallis.

Hayden has scored a mountain of runs all over the world and Kallis has maintained a Test average of 50 for a long time, yet many people hold Thorpe and Fleming in higher regard. :no:

Swervy

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
Dravid, Hayden, Ponting and Kallis for me. In that order.

I find it amazing that so people under-rate Hayden and Kallis.

Hayden has scored a mountain of runs all over the world and Kallis has maintained a Test average of 50 for a long time, yet many people hold Thorpe and Fleming in higher regard. :no:
I guess people are still waiting for kallis to score the really big runs vs the really good teams...and as for Hayden, I think people cant see past the aggressive nature of his play, which isnt in keeping with the traditional view of how an opener should bat.

I do think Thorpe is one of the very best batsmen in the world though, especially when it really counts...averages dont always do a batsman credit

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Sudeep said:
In what would be Neil's fourth group...
Not quite sure what you mean - are you having a light dig at Neil for forgetting Sehwag or are you having a light dig at me for not realising he just wasn't in the list which would have answered my question?

Don't mean to be confrontational or start anything between you and Neil, just confused is all!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
dravid
ponting
hayden
gibbs
inzamam
smith
kallis
chanderpaul
thorpe
vaughan