• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Under -19 World Cup 2014

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Despite the stereotype, he's not a great player of spin at all, Raki. Tries his fiddly front-foot cut all the time. Expecting a ton when NZ gets into the Plate for 9th-16th.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I saw that Sharjah pitch on telly for one of the Pak v SL ODIs, it was shiny like a mirror.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Somehow Bradburn manages to elicit maximum retardation out of every top 6 he coaches tbh.

Even sent in Trusty McClure at 9 to save a bit of face and give them something to bowl at, didn't really pay off.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
NZ all out for 145..

Jones= seven overs 1/32
Jordan= seven overs 0/29
Msween= nine overs 2/24
Moti-kanhai= nine overs 1/18
Lewis= nine overs 3/26
Charles= four overs 2/9

Can't compain about that to be honest....i mentioned Jordan and Jones previously but we also have Mcsween who is a talented left arm swing bowler..but on the evidence of this scorecard it looks like Nz may have had problems with spin because Moti-kanhai, Charles and Lewis are all spinners and they took six of the wickets.

It's funny that in our wi forums some were questioning the lad Ramaal Lewis!!..he's only 17 but some thought he was like a "sammy" figure i.e ok leader but not good enough to play...but looking at his record recently it's quite stunning...in his last six games he's taken three wickets FIVE TIMES!!..i remember a few years back looking at Narine's u19 record for trinidad and wi and his record was a sign of things to come because he took over 100 wickets at u19 level...but this Lewis lad has sailed under the radar but seems to be getting better and better.

Anyway as for the game...well you'd hope our boys could knock that off...but this batting line-up scares me...they can blitz a high 200s one day and the next be all out for spit. We'll see how they go about this chase but i'd expect Hetmyer to attack while Chanderpaul lays anchor. Solozano coming in at three is very talented as is Allen at five..While Pooran is almost like a "Pollard" figure down the order aswell.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WI won by six wickets

WI 151/4

Hetmyer= 2
Chanderpaul= 62 (retired hurt)
Pooran= 0
Solozano= 35
Drakes= 28
King= 16 not out
Coleman= 1 not out

Bit strange seeing Pooran come in at three as he's usually a finisher down the order. But him and Hetmyer are very much "slugger" type batsmen so it either comes off big for them or they go early like what happened today. I did say Chander junior would lay anchor and that's exactly what he did...great stuff from him and i hope he's not badly hurt having "retired" late in the innings. Solozano is probably the best batsman of the lot so it was good to see him get a knock aswell...

All in all the attack looks to be fireing on all cilinders but the coaches will have to decide whether they shorten the batting in order to play three pacers, play only two pacers or leave out Moti-kanhai who i wouldn't be best please about because he's our most economical bowler and compliments Lewis well.

They will also have to decide who plays in the top order between Drakes, Coleman and King..

Anyway it's been two comfortable wins...but of course the serious stuff starts in a few days time...

WindieWeathers

International Regular
From what i can tell

Sri-lanka= look impressive having beaten India and Australia...though they had a little struggle with Nambia today.

India= are just their usual self...good batting but the bowling is letting them down a little.

England= Look like a solid unit...one of their batters has a first class double hundred to his name...not sure they have decent spinners though.

Australia= put up a fight against pakistan today but look like they are struggling right now.

Bangledash= dangerous side these lot...having seen them in the caribbean if they get good spinning conditions they are very tough to beat...their batting can be up and down though and they haven't got much of a pace threat.

South Africa= batting looks solid..not sure about the bowling though..india posted 234 against them today...

Pakistan= well in the two warm up games their bowling has been just as impressive as WI's but the match where they were bowled out for around 50 by Afganistan was not that long ago!!..i guess like the senior team they will be a mixed bag...great one minute bad the next.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
India lose both warmups. Surprising but I guess they're just giving everyone a go. Certainly come off the most impressive form in the prior few years.

Guess it's hard to see past the asian teams in general. South Africa look like the only non asian team who could challenge. Always seem to produce a polished bunch that come through their schools. Still like the senior team you can probably rely on them to crumble under the pressure at some point.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Somehow Bradburn manages to elicit maximum retardation out of every top 6 he coaches tbh.

Even sent in Trusty McClure at 9 to save a bit of face and give them something to bowl at, didn't really pay off.
This is NZ. We're not supposed to be able to bat properly, especially not the top order. Disappointing failures from the engine-room 6-9 tbh.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I've looked up to Howsie's hill frequently, and even he's been silent with his wolf reports on this particular batch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
From what i can tell

Sri-lanka= look impressive having beaten India and Australia...though they had a little struggle with Nambia today.

India= are just their usual self...good batting but the bowling is letting them down a little.

England= Look like a solid unit...one of their batters has a first class double hundred to his name...not sure they have decent spinners though.

Australia= put up a fight against pakistan today but look like they are struggling right now.

Bangledash= dangerous side these lot...having seen them in the caribbean if they get good spinning conditions they are very tough to beat...their batting can be up and down though and they haven't got much of a pace threat.

South Africa= batting looks solid..not sure about the bowling though..india posted 234 against them today...

Pakistan= well in the two warm up games their bowling has been just as impressive as WI's but the match where they were bowled out for around 50 by Afganistan was not that long ago!!..i guess like the senior team they will be a mixed bag...great one minute bad the next.
I love how New Zealand just don't rate a mention at all.

UAE eyeing them off.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah I've looked up to Howsie's hill frequently, and even he's been silent with his wolf reports on this particular batch.
if they win a game it will be all glory to grant bradburn sports.

if we shunt it i hope bradburn is the fall guy. makes every team he coaches just like him.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Lots of delayed broadcasts in NZ to start with. NZ's dead rubber vs. England (seeing Cribb's tipping UAE to have already bundled us into the plate comp) live on Tuesday at 6:15pm -

TV Guide Search

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I love how New Zealand just don't rate a mention at all.

UAE eyeing them off.
LOL i already said "NZ got problems with spin"...nothing more to add!! :D .

But seriously it's hard to really judge all of them on warm up games to be honest...i just know from seeing Bangladesh in the Caribbean that they will be very dangerous if all the tracks turn...teams with the most balanced attacks though will most likely prosper...which is why i think WI and Pakistan could be decent bets here...but as usual the batting will have to stand up.

brockley

International Captain
Looked at the itinnery 4 games on today,nothing on cricinfo in the score area about them,neither the ICC website.Anyone know when they start,like how many Hours?