• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate Parthiv patel ?

Bazza

International 12th Man
If I remember Deep Dasgupta was about as good as James Foster with the gloves. Certainly alot worse than Patel.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Bazza said:
If I remember Deep Dasgupta was about as good as James Foster with the gloves. Certainly alot worse than Patel.
Worse than even Dravid but he kept well last season and kept well in the tour game against NZ and kept well in tour games in Aus too. The thing in favour of him used to be batting but Patel negated that now but in the process his keeping has detiriorated.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think 1 fact which has been overlooked is that most of Patel's keeping problems were due to the bounce, now if im correct he would have never dealt with these types of conditions before and we all know how much it can take to get used to...
No Indian keeper has really stood out in Australia in the past and i think given time he will be a very very good keeper batsman, possibly up there in the Gilchrist mold...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Bazza said:
Logic says you are saying an Essex player is rubbish. :!( :!(

Tom Halsey

International Coach
That he insulted an Essex player.

On topic, Patel is only 18 and definately has what it takes. Plus his batting has definite potential.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
halsey said:
That he insulted an Essex player.

On topic, Patel is only 18 and definately has what it takes. Plus his batting has definite potential.
Would you be happier if I insulted one?

Wait.... I did (only you missed it:P )

Tom Halsey

International Coach
No, I wouldn't be any happier. :P

I am so very sorry I missed your criticisms. (Or not, as the case may be:P )
I could insult a Derby County player...but I wont. :D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
well india doesnt really have anyone good to be a 2nd keeper apart from Dasgupta who is okay.. so parthiv is potential he is only 18 and his batting is above okay aswell certainly more promising than Brendom McCullum.. patel just needs to be worked with and he can only get better from where he is

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
halsey said:
I could insult a Derby County player...but I wont. :D
Derby don't have "players", they have men who dress up in White and Black and run around for 90 minutes! :lol:

deeps

International 12th Man
taibu and patel...very similar ages

taibu has potential...but he is also good! zimbabwe have done the right thing by playing him...

patel has potential...but he is no good atm...india are doing the wrong thing in playing him atm..

thats the diff

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
now now, taibu missed a stumping yesterday so he mustnt be any good at all:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

V Reddy

International Debutant
age_master said:
now now, taibu missed a stumping yesterday so he mustnt be any good at all:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
It's a one-off :rolleyes: . Patel is having difficulty collecting even normal deliveries against spinners. Most of the time he is fumbling them. And you don't want to rectify those problems playing International Cricket .

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Parthiv Patel obviously has talent and can go a long way if he works hard. He should improve his keeping by bounds! He missed at least one stumping chance every innings

He p.i.s.s.e.d me off a great deal in the 4th test. He kept appealing for anything and everything. He knows its not out, so why would he appeal? Especially that appeal against Langer towards the end of the 4th day........

deeps

International 12th Man
ReallyCrazy said:
Parthiv Patel obviously has talent and can go a long way if he works hard. He should improve his keeping by bounds! He missed at least one stumping chance every innings
he should do his learning in the indian domestic circuit,and not the international circuit

and yes,his appealing was sooO annoyiNG!! :!(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ReallyCrazy said:
He p.i.s.s.e.d me off a great deal in the 4th test. He kept appealing for anything and everything. He knows its not out, so why would he appeal? Especially that appeal against Langer towards the end of the 4th day........
Ah.... reminds me of vintage Ganguly.

Zedar

Cricket Spectator
Pratyush, I think Patel is EXCELLENT for his age!!! - His mistakes in the recent test matches (against Australia - and NZ before) are PROBABLY due to nerves, rather than his ability. At the moment, i believe he is better than Dravid at keeping the wickets (Please dont get me wrong, Dravid is probably the BEST consistant indian batsmen at the moment, and is my favorite - but his wicketkeeping leaves much to be desired) i believe that the selectors should give Patel a go against Zimbabwe in the VB series - reason being, they dont pose a threat in the series, and it would give Patel some valuable ODI experience - just give him a few years to adjust to International cricket - he will be the next Gilchrist!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Zedar said:
just give him a few years to adjust to International cricket - he will be the next Gilchrist!!
More likely to want be the next "someone who can keep as well" ?