• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate Parthiv patel ?

Zedar

Cricket Spectator
Hey All,

I live in Western Australia, Ive seen Gilchrist when he was a lot younger, ive even had the privilige of speaking to him on more than one occasion - believe me, Gilchrist wasnt all that crash hot when he started off. When he made his debut for NSW, he certainly wasnt half as good as he is now.

Patel likewise, wont be that good now - i agree - however, he needs to mature, and by exposing him to international cricket, it gives him an opportunity to mature as a player. Also, as someone previously mentioned in another forum - it is advisable that he plays a lot more domestic cricket than he does now, and try to seek help from Ian Healy or Marsh while he is in Australia.

Mind You, Im Indian, i want to see India perform just as much as the next indian - but i personally believe its good to give young Patel a go - even if its for a few matches, dont let his potential go to waste.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Hes gonna be really good, you could tell when he started down here, he was nervous and such but he has REALLY matured and learnt from his mistakes. next time they come down here he'll be a force to be reckoned with. good luck to him

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
He is inexperienced and has missed a few stumpings in Australia.

IMO he will improve as he plays more international cricket in these next few years.