• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amla vs. De Villiers

The Better Bat: Amla or De Villiers

• Hashim Amla

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • AB De Villiers

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
In a world XI I think I'd have DeV. He's a better allround cricketer.
But the batting is a lot closer and I'd feel more comfortable (at the moment) if Amla was batting for my life. His technique has improved a lot and he may be getting closer to his own ceiling than DeV is. Possibly sooner rather than later I'd prefer it the other way around.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Devillier has the ability to show ball the right path, there are two ways to do so, 1. form where the ball is coming, 2 where the ball is going to
Amla can just hit the ball harder with the use of timing and strock
Devilliers is younger so he will learn with the passage of time
Devilliers plays in all the situations and conditons while all amla is a powerplay player
Devilliers takes all the pressure on himself, while amla puts the pressure on his partner and starts hitting fours
So Devillieris can be said as better
this is what i said 15 months ago....

Swingpanzee

International Regular
As always Dawood is spot-on, thanks to the primary philosophy of wisdom.

Also there is an AB de Villiers award but there isn't any Hashim Amla award. Bottom line: Amla can **** off and AB is the real god.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'm loving this new Red Hill/Dawood rivalry angle that's brewing.
I'm heavily invested in it.

I will win, using supreme philosophies on wisdom, proving I am not basically an extremist and fundamentalist idiot.

Wait and see.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm loving this new Red Hill/Dawood rivalry angle that's brewing.
Rivalry meaning :
"Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field:" (Oxford Dictionary)
Tell me which field?

"a situation in which people, businesses, etc. compete with each other for the same thing" (Cambridge Dictionary)
Or tell me Which thing?

Red

Rivalry meaning :
"Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field:" (Oxford Dictionary)
Tell me which field?

"a situation in which people, businesses, etc. compete with each other for the same thing" (Cambridge Dictionary)
Or tell me Which thing?
Mad poetry skilz.

I'll slam you down with my freestyle verse motha ****er

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Sangakkara is a batsman with an understanding and knowledge of the principles of building an innings by clearing out your mind throughout the sessions. Such people are born with such convoluted capability, qualification and strength which is very useful in all fields in this entire world. The natural blessings to him have played more role in his career than his own hard work and passion. Such a batsman can be countered easily by great bowlers of the era which makes me find his weaknesses and put them into black and white:
1. A yorker swinging exactly from middle stump to leg stump.
2. A shot delivery swing 6-8 centimeters away from off stump.
3. A full length delivery in swinging and not hitting leg stump with a speed above 145kph.
and this.....

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was a little valley up the creek
comprising winding paths quite tranquil
and a monk ambling to his retreat
resting atop the little dusty red hill
honing his freestyle verse skill
atop the little sandy red hill

Red

There was a little valley up the creek
comprising winding paths quite tranquil
and a monk ambling to his retreat
resting atop the little dusty red hill
honing his freestyle verse skill
atop the little sandy red hill
Me preparing my mind for the poetry slam...