Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Masterly Batting now available

  1. #16
    State Regular GuyFromLancs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    946
    Cool.

    I'll buy it soon as
    World XI Since 1990 -

    1. Gooch 2. Dravid 3. Ponting 4. Tendulkar 5. Lara 6. Kallis 7. Gilchrist 8. Akram 9. Warne 10. Ambrose 11. McGrath

  2. #17
    Cricket Web Staff Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,712
    Patrick will be interviewed tomorrow at 2.45pm on TalkSport 1089:-

    talkSPORT - 1089 AM London - Listen Online

  3. #18
    Cricket Web Staff Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,712
    Quote Originally Posted by chasingthedon View Post
    Patrick will be interviewed tomorrow at 2.45pm on TalkSport 1089:-

    talkSPORT - 1089 AM London - Listen Online
    Listened in live (6.45am in California) - very polished!

  4. #19
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    11,919
    Quote Originally Posted by chasingthedon View Post
    Listened in live (6.45am in California) - very polished!
    Missed it - did you, PF or indeed anyone record it?


  5. #20
    Cricket Web Staff Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,712
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Missed it - did you, PF or indeed anyone record it?
    I did, but on my iPhone so will have to work out how to lift it. Possibly iTunes.

  6. #21
    Cricket Web Staff Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,712
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Missed it - did you, PF or indeed anyone record it?
    Here's the link to Patrick's interview.

    talkSPORT Listen again 1384952400 | talkSPORT


    About 19 mins in.
    Last edited by chasingthedon; 22-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.

  7. #22
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,063
    Masterly batting: Rogers cutting Broad.

  8. #23
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,725
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Masterly batting: Rogers cutting Broad.
    Antithesis
    You know it makes sense.

  9. #24
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,725
    Quote Originally Posted by chasingthedon View Post
    Here's the link to Patrick's interview.

    talkSPORT Listen again 1384952400 | talkSPORT


    About 19 mins in.
    Took me a long time to find it!
    Patrick did very well. Was also good to know that the adds on English radio are just as annoying as those here in OZ

  10. #25
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    11,919
    As reviewed by The Sean

    And no GI Joe was not involved - how do I know?

    Well if he was firstly he would have named the number one, and secondly it would have been Ajit Agarkar

  11. #26
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Looking forward to the sequel of this called Miserly Batting, which features essays on such players as Chris Martin, Mathew Sinclair, Rob Quiney and Darren Sammy.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  12. #27
    Cricketer Of The Year The Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Looking forward to the sequel of this called Miserly Batting, which features essays on such players as Chris Martin, Mathew Sinclair, Rob Quiney and Darren Sammy.
    Compiled, edited and with a foreword by Chris Tavare.

    Have just read the (good, but not as good as mine ) review - and the soul-destroyingly predictable comments under it - on Cricinfo, which just further strengthened my appreciation for this place. Credit to Tangy and Dave for wading in to defend it against the angry hordes over there as well.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

  13. #28
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,725
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Compiled, edited and with a foreword by Chris Tavare.

    Have just read the (good, but not as good as mine ) review - and the soul-destroyingly predictable comments under it - on Cricinfo, which just further strengthened my appreciation for this place. Credit to Tangy and Dave for wading in to defend it against the angry hordes over there as well.
    yeah, they love to label everyone as racist. Let's not worry that Lara appears in the top 25 three times more than anyone else.

    I also noticed Cricinfo reduced the rating from 4 to 3.5 stars. Peer pressure? I did reply to the crap on Cricinfo but typically they didn't post my reply .

    Thanks for the excellent review Seanus (I hardly ever have the opportunity to call someone that!)

  14. #29
    Cricket Web Staff Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,712
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    yeah, they love to label everyone as racist. Let's not worry that Lara appears in the top 25 three times more than anyone else.

    I also noticed Cricinfo reduced the rating from 4 to 3.5 stars. Peer pressure? I did reply to the crap on Cricinfo but typically they didn't post my reply .

    Thanks for the excellent review Seanus (I hardly ever have the opportunity to call someone that!)
    Why would they deny yours yet post that other stuff?

    Sorry - my frustrated English colonialism coming through there.

  15. #30
    Cricket Web Staff Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,712
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Looking forward to the sequel of this called Miserly Batting, which features essays on such players as Chris Martin, Mathew Sinclair, Rob Quiney and Darren Sammy.
    Next up is Master Baiting, the top 100 all-time sledges.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. "Masterly Batting" featured in the Guardian's "The Spin"
    By chasingthedon in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-10-2013, 07:25 PM
  2. Masterly Batting - Part Three
    By chasingthedon in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-08-2013, 06:01 PM
  3. New Feature - Masterly Batting Part Two
    By chasingthedon in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-08-2013, 09:50 AM
  4. New Feature - Masterly Batting
    By chasingthedon in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-08-2013, 09:49 AM
  5. I need some serious help with my batting
    By kuranui in forum Coaching and Equipment Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31-01-2009, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •