Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Should The DRS (Decision Review System) Be A Part Of Cricket?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 81.25%
  • No

2 12.50%
  • Ask Someone Who Cares Coz I Couldn't Care Less

1 6.25%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Rules That Need To Be Modified, Added or Trashed

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Why thank you
    I still think you could solve that issue by not allowing players to step on the field with paint brushes. Don't give up on me yet.

*Richie Benaud voice*

Bring back the old no ball law... Marvelous.

Backfoot no-balls? Ian Chappell was keen on that in a cricinfo piece iirc
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

It's less confusing in one respect, but in another bowlers can get away with murder if they can drag.

stuart broad also likes drag
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Trumper View Post
    It's less confusing in one respect, but in another bowlers can get away with murder if they can drag.
    It would be good fun if they played a world XI game with old rules, back foot no ball, 8 ball overs etc. See how it goes.
    Current Favourite XI 1. Gayle 2. Warner 3.Sangakarra 4. Clarke* 5. Chanderpaul 6.DeVilliers 7. De Kock+ 8. Broad 9. Johnson 10. Herath 11. Steyn

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    stuart broad also likes drag
    Priceless. Hahaha.

I would also take one Law that is about to come in, 'The Steven Finn Rule', tear it up and put it on the fire.

The subject has come up quite a lot this summer in conversation with players and umpires and not one thinks it's other than a stupid idea.

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Penalties for slow over rates need to be kept to fines, if not abolished all together.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I'll mark the boundary line at the scg if it gets me a five day ticket to the test.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biryani Pillow View Post
    I would also take one Law that is about to come in, 'The Steven Finn Rule', tear it up and put it on the fire.

The subject has come up quite a lot this summer in conversation with players and umpires and not one thinks it's other than a stupid idea.
    Don't see what's wrong with it. It's not ****ing hard to not hit the stumps on your way in, and I can see how it would be distracting to the batsman. You'd think it's in the fielding team's best interest to avoid it from happening too, given that it makes the chance of a run out a bit harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Biryani Pillow View Post

I might be mistaken but are you saying you think it shouldn't be a no-ball?

Seems to me that's the only option. It certainly can't be left as a legal ball, it's completely unfair on the batsman. A dead-ball would be ok but that could lead to serious issues, what if the batsman hits in for four and then it gets called a dead ball?

I suppose the only other option would be to make it sort of like a "free hit" in T20s, it's still a legal ball but the batsman can't get out to it.

Otherwise a No-ball is the only option.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with it. It's not ****ing hard to not hit the stumps on your way in, and I can see how it would be distracting to the batsman. You'd think it's in the fielding team's best interest to avoid it from happening too, given that it makes the chance of a run out a bit harder.
    something i've wondered for a while - obviously if the bails are off you need to pull out the stump to get a run out - if you rocketed the ball from point or somewhere, and took the stump out of the ground with the throw, would that be out?
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    something i've wondered for a while - obviously if the bails are off you need to pull out the stump to get a run out - if you rocketed the ball from point or somewhere, and took the stump out of the ground with the throw, would that be out?
    Yes. If the bail is off the stump needs to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    I might be mistaken but are you saying you think it shouldn't be a no-ball?

Seems to me that's the only option. It certainly can't be left as a legal ball, it's completely unfair on the batsman. A dead-ball would be ok but that could lead to serious issues, what if the batsman hits in for four and then it gets called a dead ball?

I suppose the only other option would be to make it sort of like a "free hit" in T20s, it's still a legal ball but the batsman can't get out to it.

Otherwise a No-ball is the only option.
    No, it shouldn't be a no ball.

From personal experience when playing (supported by every batsman who spoke on the matter - some of whom are now in their 70s but played very good Club cricket when younger) the batsman is not put off at all when this happens. The chances of them hearing it are very small - and there will likely be other louder noises that won't put them off - and the batsman will be so focused on the ball that they wouldn't see it.

That is the view of some hugely experienced players.

I wouldn't be surprised if within a couple of years there will be so many complaints from all levels of the game about thi ludicrous Law that in will be reversed.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information