• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rules That Need To Be Modified, Added or Trashed

Should The DRS (Decision Review System) Be A Part Of Cricket?

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Seriously? Batting would become impossible. The bowler could be bowling with a flap of leather with a nail through it. At what point do the umpires change the ball? When it has shards of glass sticking out of the seam?
Well, when I say "legalise ball tampering" I don't mean "do whatever the hell you want to it." I'd still ban using foreign implements like bottle tops etc from being used. But if the fielding team want to use fingernails, teeth or dirt to scuff up one side of the ball to get it reversing, then go ahead.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Well, when I say "legalise ball tampering" I don't mean "do whatever the hell you want to it." I'd still ban using foreign implements like bottle tops etc from being used. But if the fielding team want to use fingernails, teeth or dirt to scuff up one side of the ball to get it reversing, then go ahead.
Afridi likes this comment.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You have to draw the line somewhere though. And the rules you just mentioned would lead to an absolute farce.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the ball tampering situation is about right as it is now. I totally see why GF made that comment and I'm all for leniency in it, throwing the ball in on the bounce, rubbing sweat, sunscreen, mint induced saliva etc on it........all ball tampering to a degree and all should be allowed.

Can't go as far as allowing bowlers like Afridi to bite chunks out of the ball or have a designated Edward Scissor hands scratching the **** out of it. Teams know the limits and how far they can push them and for the most part I think the balance is right as it is, they can do enough to get the ball moving but do so without taking the piss.

The only thing that ****s me now is the carrying on about it from opposition press/fans when their is some suspicion.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know why bails should be dislodged or wicket uprooted for a run out or stumping or bowled. It should be enough that ball touches the wickets.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Instead of this farcical situation where we go upstairs and wait for endless replays before upholding/overturning an umpires ruling, a designated player (the batsman, if it is he who is challenging the decision, or one of the fielding team) should be given the opportunity to get the decision reversed by giving a convincing PowerPoint presentation.

This would take the monotony out of waiting for a decision and would allow players to develop valuable skills for their post-cricket careers.

The umpires could give the presentation a score out of 10. If they average above 5.0 then their challenge is upheld.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely this wouldn't be in Australia's interests given the aversion some of the players have to presentations.

Son Of Coco

Shane Watson would struggle, but that wouldn't really affect the percentage of correct reviews he makes. Would expect David Warner to have a touch of Winston Churchill about him.

Son Of Coco

Yeah, he would definitely add some aplomb to any presentation. KP would struggle to get a favourable ruling as he'd constantly stray off topic to talk about himself.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have been wondering about the double play rule that ricky ponting is adding to his muck around cricket league. How would the double play work. You catch someone and run out the other batsman? Would probably happen about as often as a triple play in baseball. Could liven up ODIs maybe and seems harmless as it would hardly ever happen?

uvelocity

International Coach
nah it does happen, the way it works in last man stands is you have to get back to the end you started at so for example you can hit itin the air to say mid off, and the natural tendency is to scoot through to get the other bloke on strike, but they can catch it and run you out at the bowlers end

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
The main quality of the sport cricket is that it is complex. These thing make it even more complex hence increase its popularity. So it should be a part of cricket.