• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Maybe Ahmed just isn't that good.

So when did the NSW fascination with playing without enough batsmen start?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh i don't know, 2008? It probably involves noted grade stud Grant Lambert

NSW Blues named to face Victoria

Haze cbf.

so i guess something like

1 warner
2 maddinson
3 henry
4 clarke
5 smith
6 nevill
7 sok
8 abbott
9 lyon
10 bollinger
11 sandhu

adub

International Captain
Oh i don't know, 2008? It probably involves noted grade stud Grant Lambert

NSW Blues named to face Victoria

Haze cbf.

so i guess something like

1 warner
2 maddinson
3 henry
4 clarke
5 smith
6 nevill
7 sok
8 abbott
9 lyon
10 bollinger
11 sandhu
Yeah tough one to pick between Abb00tt and Patterson but probably just favour the extra quick(ish). Haze is no loss frankly. I so want the boi to be a gun, but he just isn't atm.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
perhaps there is method to the madness?

Personally I'm unfazed about Haze. He isn't troubling batsmen.
Isn't far off, though. Even in the Ryobi final where he got smashed, early he looked like he was bowling quite well, right in the McGraridor*. Then he got into a few blokes' hitting zones and, well.....

*yes, I'm going to make this a thing.

adub

International Captain
But that's the problem with him and why for so long I have thought he would end up being the best of the all the good young quicks we have. He has always looked like he isn't far off, but he never seems to go from 'not far off' to 'bang on'. I'm hoping, cause if he can get it in the sweet spot he'll destroy sides, but I think it might be a longer wait than I'd hoped.

The only caveat on that would be that actually playing test cricket can make you a much better player (esp see Pattinson), so getting a call up even before he's actually earnt it might work. I'd much rather see him come out and bowl a couple of real wicket taking spells for NSW first though.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
yeah but at least Haze doesn't bowl every second ball right into Cook's hitting zone's i.e. on his legs or short and wide

adub

International Captain
More Cutting (but Lynn too). Was just putting it on a length and Cutting swung through the line and bounced it off the roof.

That said, ODD stuff isn't the best yardstick for Test success. My major concern is that he's only taken 2 4-fers in his career and both of them were in the same game against a poor WA side where he only had to compete against Copes, Lalor and Gugters van der Gugten for poles. And it's not that he's unlucky I don't think, it's just that he isn't threatening enough. Often looks close to being threatening sure, and isn't likely to be spraying em everywhere and getting carted too often, but when he's going at his best bats just wait on him without too much trouble. He needs to find another gear.