• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2013 Short formats

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've been loving the policy of actually selecting the best side available for each game (or at least what they think is the best side available). If they want to manage the workload of the young bowlers or look after Clarke's back I can get behind that but making three random changes for the sake of giving everyone in the squad a game would be a terrible decision. There is no way Ferguson is a better batsman than Voges IMO and he's hardly had a decent hit anyway, bringing in Henriques for Haddin would significantly weaken both the batting and the wicket keeping for the sake of having five seamers for an ODI in India, and as much as I hate Johnson and McKay they're both better OD bowlers NCN at present. If you think Henriques is one of Australia's better bowlers in these conditions (which I massively, massively disagree with FTR, but anyway) then drop a bowler for him; not the wicket keeper.

Lets win the series eh.
Yup.

wiff

First Class Debutant
So silly. Heaps of big chases look on after a big partnership and then a couple of wickets screw up the chase. Kohli didn't let that happen, and he also didn't bog down the team.

Basically he was awesome. The idea that he wasn't under pressure when he came in is pretty crazy.

Yes he was awesome I agree, just not my MOTM. Sure there was pressure, but it was a perfect situation when he came in. I would imagine any number of players would love coming in at that situation. IMO RG Sharma played a much more important and crucial role. When you look at all the batting performances, they were all pretty good. It was hard to get a "real" wicket for the bowlers from both teams.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No problem with you saying Rohit should be motm, was only questioning the point re: Kohli not being under pressure.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've been loving the policy of actually selecting the best side available for each game (or at least what they think is the best side available). If they want to manage the workload of the young bowlers or look after Clarke's back I can get behind that but making three random changes for the sake of giving everyone in the squad a game would be a terrible decision. There is no way Ferguson is a better batsman than Voges IMO and he's hardly had a decent hit anyway, bringing in Henriques for Haddin would significantly weaken both the batting and the wicket keeping for the sake of having five seamers for an ODI in India, and as much as I hate Johnson and McKay they're both better OD bowlers NCN at present. If you think Henriques is one of Australia's better bowlers in these conditions (which I massively, massively disagree with FTR, but anyway) then drop a bowler for him; not the wicket keeper.

Lets win the series eh.
Gee Australia is completely screwed if we happen to get an injury. By the sound of things Ferguson, Henriques and Coulter-Nile are SO far behind our current XI.

I like to see changes during ODIs. I know all 3 don't have to happen next match but I would disappointed if we don't make any.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How did you manage to pull that out of Cribb's post?
How do you think? Voges is far better than Ferguson. He disagrees massively, massively that Henriques can bowl well in these conditons and he also thinks NCN isn't as good as a guy like McKay who he gets great pleasure seeing getting smashed around because he doesn't rate him at all. Obviously McKay's figures/career record is above Prince's estimation of him.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
There is no way Ferguson is a better batsman than Voges IMO
is not the same as

Voges is far better than Ferguson
Whether he thinks those guys are terrible is neither here nor there, the point is that they aren't as good as the incumbents and hence shouldn't be picked.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
is not the same as

Whether he thinks those guys are terrible is neither here nor there, the point is that they aren't as good as the incumbents and hence shouldn't be picked.
That's might be your point, but it isn't necessarily correct. You think they aren't as good as the incumbents again which makes it appear as though the current XI are the chosen ones and are producing good cricket as a team that couldn't be emulated with a change or two. The bowling last night was woeful, I don't think it necessarily hurts our team giving NCN or Henriques (or both) a game to see if they can go for less than 6 runs an over. If they come in, it doesn't mean we aren't trying to win the series and it doesn't mean the players out have their cards marked never to play for Australia again or anything.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I wouldn't mind if Faulkner was omitted from the 3rd ODI with Henriques in his place.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
ftr i think Henriques is an under rated white ball bowler and think he would do well in this series, but having said that from what i've seen of the indian innings theres no way he wouldve made a difference last night

flibbertyjibber

Oh man... Flib I was taking the piss by telling everyone to suck it cos Rohit and Kohli did well and I called them in 07 and 09 (respectively) whilst they copped **** on here. It was a joke, I'd have made the same joke if it happened in a T20, IPL or a tour match.
Memo to self. Don't come on here when very pissed late at night while watching Brazilian football that you have put a silly bet on.:laugh:

Daemon

Vijay did average 50 in his last series..

Jono to be the new Indian selector in charge of identifying young talent imo

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah and going on the last few months Finch would be making his test debut at Brisbane.

Can see why Rohit is unlucky, got a ridiculous first class record and is still yet to play a test when Yuvraj and Raina have had loads of chances and done naff all. Guess the varying forms of filth they bowl swung it for them.

Rohit bowls same standard filth as Raina tbh.. So at least he has that gng for him :p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, what a innings by Kohli once again. Turning into hell of a ODI batsman atleast and i see no reason why he won't go one to do well regularly in tests either.

Remember rating Manish Pandey ahead of him at one time 4 or so years ago after the U19 WC. :ph34r:

Good to see Rohit doing well opening too. One gamble which is paying up so far.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year

I hope that one day a sharp caught and bowled chance hits Sharma in the head when he can't see it in time and he finally decides to get a ****ing hair cut

Kinda freaking me out looking at that image tbh

Last edited: