• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We'll lose and they'll blame it on the DRS and the whole cycle will repeat itself over the next 5 years or so.

Burgey

Burgeinho with his first rep 50 today. Batted four and got 61 out of 196/4. Batted good.

Burgey

And a winning result. Went off wih cramp in the field after keeping all yesterday afternoon though. Soft ****.

Midwinter

State Captain
So... riddle me this

In cricket these days they have done away with the rule allowing an injured batsman to have a player run for him. I.e the player injured is regarded as "out" due to being retired hurt.

Then

In the Australian one day series the other day, a batsman was deemed by the medical staff at the ground to be injured and unable to continue batting.
But the team was allowed a full replacement, ie another player who could resume batting for the team in place of the injured player

The second scenario appears inconsistent with the first.

Why is it so ?

Last edited:

Burgey

I believe they are playing conditions, not rules. I think, for example, at lower levels you can still get a runner

cnerd123

likes this
You aren't allowed a runner for an injury you carried into a match, or for an 'internal' injurly like a pulled muscle or smth

An injury incurred externally during the match - like from a collision or being struck by the ball - is allowed to have a runner IIRC.

Full substitutes are allowed provided there is approval from both captains before the game has begun and after team sheets are exchanged, but I wasn't aware you could do this during the game. I'll have to look this up.

I also didnt know this happened recently. Links anyone?

Last edited:

Burgey

They have a set up in grade cricket here where if a bloke gets called up to a Shield game you can sub in someone from twos, and so it goes down the grades. Makes sense I guess

Midwinter

State Captain
You aren't allowed a runner for an injury you carried into a match, or for an 'internal' injurly like a pulled muscle or smth

An injury incurred externally during the match - like from a collision or being struck by the ball - is allowed to have a runner IIRC.

Full substitutes are allowed provided there is approval from both captains before the game has begun and after team sheets are exchanged, but I wasn't aware you could do this during the game. I'll have to look this up.

Vic vs NSW Matador one day cup preliminary final last Friday

"An injury incurred externally during the match - like from a collision or being struck by the ball - is allowed to have a runner IIRC."

Wasn't aware of this.
Thought that no runners allowed, batsman must retire hurt.

The old rule was "no runner if injured prior to the game"

Last edited:

morgieb

Essentially the new rules are if you suffer concussion in-game at domestic level, you are allowed a full substitute.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also, there is no internal/external injuries reg. runners anymore. There are no runners allowed, period.

And I do think the full replacement thingy is a fair rule for games where the player gets injured during the game. Good that is being trialled in List A in Australia.

Midwinter

State Captain
Also, there is no internal/external injuries reg. runners anymore. There are no runners allowed, period.

And I do think the full replacement thingy is a fair rule for games where the player gets injured during the game. Good that is being trialled in List A in Australia.
Does this mean a player who gets any sort of injury,not just concussion, which prevents them continuing in the game will have a full replacement ?

Spikey

the runner thing is an ICC thing, you can still have a runner in county cricket; that is, the mcc rules still allow runners

the concussion sub is a CA thing. CA wants it in FC cricket but they'll lose FC status if bring in it because the ICC don't want it. However, similar to the grade thing, if a player gets called up to the test squad during a match, a sub can happen

Shady Slim

International Coach
lee carseldine just got absolutely robbed on australian survivor

kristy won because she did **** all the entire time except lie to the jury at the end, a jury that was filled with certified big dumb idiots nonetheless, and in a quote from the man in my avatar she fell ass backwards into a pool of money, and i'm still in shocked at how thick the entire jury was not to see lee deserved the money so much more

Burgey

lee carseldine just got absolutely robbed on australian survivor

kristy won because she did **** all the entire time except lie to the jury at the end, a jury that was filled with certified big dumb idiots nonetheless, and in a quote from the man in my avatar she fell ass backwards into a pool of money, and i'm still in shocked at how thick the entire jury was not to see lee deserved the money so much more
Yeah,but how ****ing hot is Jennah-Louise? Seriously

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
No Cookies | The Courier Mail

"The day Kerry Packer tore apart Nine anchor Mark Nicholas"

(as well as Healy & Taylor)

There've been quite a few cricket stories bandied around in the past week or so. Feels more interesting than the buildup to the first test.