• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I tend to view a batsman's strike rate as runs scored over potential run-scoring deliveries faced. If a run can be scored off a delivery I want it to count, and think this is backed up by no balls counting but wides not.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea PEWS on the money. Balls faced by a batsman are a measure of how many balls they could score off during their innings, and No-Balls count in that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I tend to view a batsman's strike rate as runs scored over potential run-scoring deliveries faced. If a run can be scored off a delivery I want it to count, and think this is backed up by no balls counting but wides not.
Yeah it's pretty obvious really. Almost like the 50s debate again bringing that up tbh

Victor Ian

International Coach
Two bits.

Bit One: Having my Waugh Love stirred again from mention in the Warne Sux thread, I was wondering who is the most Waugh like player to have played since he retired, and who is most likely to be Waugh in the future. I can't think of anyone at the moment. What defines Waugh, for me, was showing signs of class and style, but struggling long term, initially, and then, flair removed and replaced with reliability and hard nosed efficiency.

Bit Two: All Time "Shut your mouth, keep it in house, put it behind you" 11. Waugh could be captain. Border would get a run. McGrath might get in. Larwood? Taylor to open? I guess Bradman might be out. (he held grudges as administrator).

Midwinter

State Captain
Have been on a sea cruise around New Zealand, (in all the right places but on the wrong days to see any cricket), and the only cricket book in the ship's library was ...

Picking Seams on Apples.

cnerd123

likes this
So the BCCI have banned Asad Rauf for 5 years for being involved in fixing/corruption/misconduct in the 2013 IPL.

Thats interesting

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have been on a sea cruise around New Zealand, (in all the right places but on the wrong days to see any cricket), and the only cricket book in the ship's library was ...

Picking Seams on Apples.
Hey that's pretty awesome

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
https://twitter.com/CAPathway/status/703725425386586112/video/1

Young bloke bowling in the above clip plays his club cricket (when he's not playing Grade) against Burgeinho. He's in the under 15s reps for Parra which won the comp this year. The captain of my bloke's under 14s rep side was also picked in the Under 15s NSW side for the national champs, which they won on Sunday against Country Victoria. The kid who's bowling is a terrific cricketer (as is the other young bloke for that matter, just he's a year younger). Even in the under 15/1s comp which my fella plays in and which is ****ing crazily strong, this kid plays a different game to virtually everyone else. Barring injury and/ or a loss of appetite for the game, he's one to watch for the future.

Got to give a bit of credit to CA here for the social media work on this carnival, they were fantastic at providing twitter updates through the carnival.

Off to the SCG for the rep presentation on Thursday night. Sadly the match which the boys were supposed to play at the SCG was moved for whatever reason and instead was at Allan Border Oval at Mosman. Still a beautiful ground, mind you, and the lads dealt a pizzling to their opponents, passing their target two down with an over to spare.