Page 101 of 260 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3896
Like Tree2657Likes

Thread: Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    These a special on him next week. On a whole other level.

In more important news, Burgeinho retired with 60(64) on debut in England. Goes better away than Warner ffs.
    Yeah, couldn't crack the top 100, could he?

I am sure Burgeinho is well on his way to better the old man's records..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Growing up in the '90s, the most popular cricketing idols in my peer group were Sachin, Lara and Warne. So I can see where people are coming from when they talk about him making spin bowling sexy again.

Of course Kumble, Mushy. Saqlain etc. were great but those three captured the imagination.

Come on vcs, even in the 1996 WC, there was Paul Strang, Mushy, Kumble and Warne. Sportstar even did a special on all the leggies going around. Warne got a lot of press, sure and the blonde look helped but the whole "he revived leg spin, he made it sexy" is just utter tripe and you know it.

EDIT: And most regular posters here know what a big fanboy of Warne, the spinner, I am. Still remains the overseas cricketer who was easiest to talk to in my experience. He has his flaws, but you go ask him about legspin, you will get some absolute gold. And there is no way is Murali that much behind him, in any which way you wanna dice their careers.
    Last edited by honestbharani; 02-07-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Obviously, you missed the whole point. So those words describe your post much better.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    cricket rules brah

Quote Originally Posted by mr_mister View Post

So not much of an argument then

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Warne didn't revive legspin because since he arrived and left there's been **** all in that department.

T20s revived legspin.
    OverratedSanity and zorax like this.

mr mr is obviously very much in the "what happens in Australia is world cricket" bracket.

But even if we were to assume this entirely false premise to be true, then the true person who revived legspin is the man who mesmerized all viewers with lovely wonderful legspin back in glorious ol' Australia, right? I am talking about the man who would have inspired Warne to try leg spin, a man whom Warne would have seen weave his magic over batsmen of all international teams, make them look stupid, foolish and hopeless all at the same time. So the real person who "revived" the art of legspin by inspiring Warne and a generation of Aussies towards it should be........

vcs and zorax like this.

So not much of an argument then
    No point engaging you further
    OverratedSanity likes this.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    mr mr is obviously very much in the "what happens in Australia is world cricket" bracket.

But even if we were to assume this entirely false premise to be true, then the true person who revived legspin is the man who mesmerized all viewers with lovely wonderful legspin back in glorious ol' Australia, right? I am talking about the man who would have inspired Warne to try leg spin, a man whom Warne would have seen weave his magic over batsmen of all international teams, make them look stupid, foolish and hopeless all at the same time. So the real person who "revived" the art of legspin by inspiring Warne and a generation of Aussies towards it should be........

He can't be weighing more than 50 kilos there.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_mister View Post
    No point engaging you further

Riight.. coz I am talking "facts"

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Come on vcs, even in the 1996 WC, there was Paul Strang, Mushy, Kumble and Warne. Sportstar even did a special on all the leggies going around. Warne got a lot of press, sure and the blonde look helped but the whole "he revived leg spin, he made it sexy" is just utter tripe and you know it.

EDIT: And most regular posters here know what a big fanboy of Warne, the spinner, I am. Still remains the overseas cricketer who was easiest to talk to in my experience. He has his flaws, but you go ask him about legspin, you will get some absolute gold. And there is no way is Murali that much behind him, in any which way you wanna dice their careers.
    Oh I'm not suggesting Murali's career was any way inferior to his.

Just that those three had the "superstar" status going for them, apart from being great cricketers. Like Kohli in this generation.

Of course, this is kinda subjective. Like, for example, Djokovic was incredibly dominant recently but he didn't get the universal adulation of Federer/Nadal IMO. Not a comment on quality, just the fan following.

He can't be weighing more than 50 kilos there.

I can imagine now, game on on a windy day at Perth and LS is bowling with the wind. Batsmen are honestly concerned he is gonna fly through the wind and come at them and end up missing the ball

Oh I'm not suggesting Murali's career was any way inferior to his.

Just that those three had the "superstar" status going for them, apart from being great cricketers. Like Kohli in this generation.

Of course, this is kinda subjective. Like, for example, Djokovic was incredibly dominant recently but he didn't get the universal adulation of Federer/Nadal IMO. Not a comment on quality, just the fan following.

I get what you meant and I agree on the superstar status. I am just pointing out that the "superstar" status is a media coverage based thing and does not mean someone "revived" something. I mean, it makes just as much sense to say Lara revived left hand middle order batting or that Sachin revived ODI opening batting. Every generation has superstars. And FWIW, in India and Pakistan (and UAE ), Qadir was very much a superstar in his day.

International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Anyone seen that video floating around facebook of the guy in slip who dropped a sitter than took a screamer next ball? Amazing video.

I would link it but don't want to log into FB at work

How could we forget this superstar
    Last edited by TheJediBrah; 02-07-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    How could we forget this superstar
    you joke but I actually had fond memories of him

probably explains why my cricketing ability is where it is tbh.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

According to honestb if you bowled leg spin you were part of the revival. Didn't actually have to be any good

Thread Information