• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, weather's good to start.

There is one thing to love about Devcich ftr. Bookmakers still giving him roughly the default level of top-order temperament.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So, back to Sri Lanka huh? Any chance that they'll be playing that "lupluplupluplup" ad? Because if so, this might actually be worth watching.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah shoot, New Zealand not batting until about 2am now. JimmyGS out with a groin strain.

New Zealand: Tom Latham, Anton Devcich, Rob Nicol, Grant Elliott, Colin Munro, Luke Ronchi (wk), Corey Anderson, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills (capt), Adam Milne and Mitchell McClenaghan

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just read our batting lineup for this match! Holy ****balls this is gonna be carnage!

Flem274*

123/5
Neesham did his groin.

Tom Latham, Anton Devcich, Rob Nicol, Grant Elliott, Colin Munro, Luke Ronchi (wk), Corey Anderson, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills (capt), Adam Milne and Mitchell McClenaghan

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's a seriously disgraceful batting lineup. Most of the Ford Trophy sides would put out better batting lineups at full strength.

Flem274*

123/5
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just read our batting lineup for this match! Holy ****balls this is gonna be carnage!
It's the middle of a world cup cycle so meh at the player splurge, but if Devcich and Nicol are in our world cup plans based on both domestic and international performance then we need to SOS Guppers and Ryder pronto.

Would be nice if the best batsman from last time was over there. We've basically sent a bowl of mediocre icing over and forgotten to bake the cake or get the cool icing from the top shelf.

Three number sevens, a glorified pinch hitter and a bloke with one shot (charge and hoick) make up most of our batting...

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, strangely enough I think it's one of the better attacks you've selected for an ODI in a while, as you actually selected more than two bowlers.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, strangely enough I think it's one of the better attacks you've selected for an ODI in a while, as you actually selected more than two bowlers.
I'm assuming you don't count Anderson, Neesham and NcCullum as real bowlers?

I don't remember too much wrong with the bowling selections recently, but then I rate both allrounders with the ball and sadly accept NcCullum's anti-spin is the best we have.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm assuming you don't count Anderson, Neesham and NcCullum as real bowlers?
Yeah pretty much. None of them should ever be the third best bowler in the side; there is absolutely no need to sacrifice the bowling that much to have Nathan McCullum batting 9, especially when Mills and Southee can have a swipe anyway. Anderson and Neesham actually went okay with the ball in Bangladesh but long term it's a terrible balance; you shouldn't just be looking at get 50 overs worth of frontline bowling in the side, but in fact actually fielding a quality attack.