• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Aus making a miserable start, Doolan has been really disappointing for me during the winter, I really hoped he would get some runs and make a push for a test call up, the rest of the line-up looks like absolute dross as well

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who picks the Oz A team?

Finch is not a fc player, Marsh is not an opener in longer-form cricket, Maddinson is an opener but is batting 4 and to cap it all off, they have selected Cummins when he should be at home doing pre-season work instead of busting his back in a meaningless match on the other side of the world

****wits!

Justo

U19 Debutant
The selection of the batting line up is terrible but I don't mind Cummins selection. It's a good opportunity to work him back into long form cricket and he's already had a big break since the Zimbabwe game. If he can't survive this workload then he's no chance of lasting a shield season.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Maddinson at 4 isn't that big an issue really. I don't think he necessarily needs to be pigeon holed as an opener. He is really moving up the batting in waiting list, mainly due to others failing. I hate how Cosgrove doesn't even get a look in, he is younger than Marsh.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Even Silk hasn't made it, it's really a bitter pill to swallow this batting order, Mitch Marsh being selected along with Maxwell does little to settle my stomach either.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This might not be a popular opinion, but in an A squad the big show Maxwell is an okay selection.

If we were picking an Aussie B squad, who would you pick out of the rejects not yet chosen? I would have liked to have seen Silk, Cosgrove, Handscomb and maybe Ferguson be chosen in the squad. Burns too but he's playing County cricket..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Silk, Cossie, Fergie, Burns (CC I know but still) and Neville are the kind of guys I wanted picked, players who could actually be called into the Australian team and be expected to do OK, not these ****ing experiments that delusional **** Invers likes. My opinion of Nic Maddinson is improving vastly over the winter...

Justo

U19 Debutant
This might not be a popular opinion, but in an A squad the big show Maxwell is an okay selection.

If we were picking an Aussie B squad, who would you pick out of the rejects not yet chosen? I would have liked to have seen Silk, Cosgrove, Handscomb and maybe Ferguson be chosen in the squad. Burns too but he's playing County cricket..
I don't think Maxwell is a bad choice for the A squad tbh but he's a number 6 atm. For a B squad I'd go with

Silk
Cosgrove
Klinger or Ferguson
Bailey
Burns or Voges
Handscomb or an Allrounder
Neville

While far from a great line up I'd say its probably better than the current A squad batting wise.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I watched a couple of ODs late in the season where Maddinson hit the ball so crisply that I've been wanting him to good ever since and he has been, although it would be great to see him score a slow hundred to show he has a few different gears.

I don't rate Nevill that highly, I would rather Handscomb or maybe Ludeman be given a chance (rate Hartley higher, but he wont get picked for an A squad).

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
What bothers me the most about the South African bowling line-up is that they've all got excellent first class records, but pretty bad list A ones. Which is great for our test side, but it is pretty ominous for our ODI future.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I watched a couple of ODs late in the season where Maddinson hit the ball so crisply that I've been wanting him to good ever since and he has been, although it would be great to see him score a slow hundred to show he has a few different gears.

I don't rate Nevill that highly, I would rather Handscomb or maybe Ludeman be given a chance (rate Hartley higher, but he wont get picked for an A squad).
I would've thought Neville is the better batsmen out of those three, Ludeman the best keeper. Handscombe seems to be the one of those three the selectors like, could use a few more SS seasons, will lose his place to Wade though.