• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You aren't the only one, some of us have mentioned it before. The issue was that Smith was originally captain and Finch vice with the ODIs in mind. When Smith got his Ashes call up, instead of making someone like Paine captain, they just gave it to the vice. Its a shame that Maddinson was left out for him, despite Finch making some runs.

Daemon, he hit 3 consecutive boundaries 9 overs later too.
Cannot believe that they have left Maddinson out for Finch in a 4 day match

That is seriously :wacko:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Warner scoring runs. Best technique of all of our young batsman. If he got his head straight I can see him averaging 45-50 during his career.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Warner scoring runs. Best technique of all of our young batsman. If he got his head straight I can see him averaging 45-50 during his career.
As much as I hate Warner, he is a good test prospect, I still think he could be better when the game is in the balance though, being in front in the game seems to bring out the best in him.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Warner has to play at Old Trafford now IMO. They can't play the lack of game time excuse, especially if he gets a big one here.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
BP8QvoJCcAAniWJ.jpg

The face of a man who knows he's just won himself three Ashes tests.

Edit: Click on the picture for a bigger version btw.

social

would legit play ashton turner before playing maxwell
Maxwell is a genuine talent (averages 42 in fc with the bat with 2 100s and 9 50s from 30 innings, brilliant fieldsman, bowling should (must) improve)

Trouble is that our ****wit selectors picked him too early

Funny thing is that if he hadn't played in India, there would probably be calls to add him to the squad

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Maxwell is a genuine talent (averages 42 in fc with the bat with 2 100s and 9 50s from 30 innings, brilliant fieldsman, bowling should (must) improve)

Trouble is that our ****wit selectors picked him too early

Funny thing is that if he hadn't played in India, there would probably be calls to add him to the squad
Maxwell is quite an interesting player really as until he develops some more there will be times when teams have 10 clear selections that he could be a good option as the final player selected in a Test team. For instance, if England didn't have Joe Root (or he couldn't bowl off spin) and KP was out injured, Maxwell at 6 or 7 at Old Trafford would be a more reasonable selection compared to being selected in the current Australian team behind a brittle top order.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Maxwell is OK with the bat, but his bowling seems fairly easily negotiated by test standard batsmen, hasn't proved himself to be a viable option with either discipline and probably lacks the temperament fro test cricket, I don't know why the selectors are interested in him tbh.

Scaly piscine

Why the hell would you declare so early in a 4-day match?

It's an 'unofficial Test' for your country's A side, so surely you'd take it seriously.