• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd go

McCullum opening with Ryder in the team, unchanged rest of lineup.
Yes, absolutely this. There's no question in my mind that your best batting lineup at the moment is Fulton, McCullum, Williamson, Taylor, Ryder, Watling, Anderson. Has very little chance of eventuating though, of course.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I will break something if he makes it back into the test squad ahead of Latham.
I must say, your inability to divorce the fact that you like Latham, predict him to go on to big things etc from how much he deserves selection right now is quite frustrating at times.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I must say, your inability to divorce the fact that you like Latham, predict him to go on to big things etc from how much he deserves selection right now is quite frustrating at times.
He doesn't deserve selection. Jeet Raval, Michael Papps, Daniel Flynn etc are all ahead of him in my opinion.

But Guptill deserves selection less than most domestic openers in the country.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hrmmm, four more wickets for Bennett. Looks to be bowling well :wacko:

Ryder's bowling actually looked quite handy too.

Flem274*

123/5
He doesn't deserve selection. Jeet Raval, Michael Papps, Daniel Flynn etc are all ahead of him in my opinion.

But Guptill deserves selection less than most domestic openers in the country.
Not sure if it includes this match, but guess who is currently number two in the Shield runs with an average of 96?:p

edit: it does

Flem274*

123/5
Declaration 100 behind from Auckland. Obviously back themselves to skittle ND. Guptill is on a bit of a roll with the runs so maybe they could have gone for the lead. Dunno, will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Declaration 100 behind from Auckland. Obviously back themselves to skittle ND. Guptill is on a bit of a roll with the runs so maybe they could have gone for the lead. Dunno, will be interesting to see how it all pans out.
State Highway 1 be statehighway1ing

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wait how long has Neil Broom opened? Is every half decent FC bat in NZ trying to get in the team via the opening spots now? :laugh:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't seen enough of him to work it out myself so I guess there's no choice but to trust in Athlai :sleep:. Enjoying your support of Guptill's return as test opener - he should move to Wellington to really follow in the mediocre footsteps of Franklin and Jeets.