• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Hi, I am new to this forum.
I have a question about the World Cricket League.
In this competition, every team meets twice. So I was thinking that this competition is done in the home & away format.
But I was wrong. Ireland v. UAE games were both held in UAE. Could you tell me why this competition is not in the home & away format?:wacko:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'd guess travel costs, given that they're all amateur sides.

Every team plays each other side twice, but both games are back-to-back at the same venue.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Why so many Tests between Australia and England

I cannot understand why Australia and England play so many Tests every year.
In my opinion, Tests should be played by all countries who have Test status in the home & away format--maybe 18 Tests in 2 years?

dermo

International Vice-Captain
yeah good idea, lets make england and australia play less tests and get bangladesh and the windies to play more

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
it's a historic and popular rivalry, but 10 tests back to back this year and another series in 2015 seems a bit much.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi, I am new to this forum.
I have a question about the World Cricket League.
In this competition, every team meets twice. So I was thinking that this competition is done in the home & away format.
But I was wrong. Ireland v. UAE games were both held in UAE. Could you tell me why this competition is not in the home & away format?:wacko:
I reckon the ICC figured that as long as teams are touring one location they might as well cram in all the Intercontinental Cup, World Cricket League matches and be done with it. Given how the run associate programmes I suspect the decision to play 2 games and not another 1 or 3 is totally arbitrary.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I cannot understand why Australia and England play so many Tests every year.
Well the answer to that is they don't play tests every year, there is a set format for the Ashes that has been followed for some time. Between the series in Eng and Aus is around 18 months and then 2 1/2 years between the series in Aus and Eng. So it's normally 2 series in a 4 year period.

This year has been mucked up as the series in Aus which should have been in 2014/15 has been brought forward a year as Australia is hosting the World Cup that summer and the powers that be didn't want an Ashes and a World Cup in the same year.

As the boards view the Ashes as a cash cow they elected to move it forward a year and play more rather than move it back and play less. Anyway after this over saturation the schedule will return to normal from 2015.

In my opinion, Tests should be played by all countries who have Test status in the home & away format--maybe 18 Tests in 2 years?
Not financially viable mate. Firstly the only series left with 5 tests is the Ashes so no other teams would ever play anything like 18 tests in 2 years against each other.

And secondly, the cold reality is that only the Ashes can generate the interest and bums on seats.......how much interest would surround a series between Bangladesh and West Indies for eg?? You seriously think that should be played as regularly as the Ashes??

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think its so there may be a remote chance Australia may win one and then pretend they're a force in world cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not financially viable mate. Firstly the only series left with 5 tests is the Ashes so no other teams would ever play anything like 18 tests in 2 years against each other.

And secondly, the cold reality is that only the Ashes can generate the interest and bums on seats.......how much interest would surround a series between Bangladesh and West Indies for eg?? You seriously think that should be played as regularly as the Ashes??
I have a feeling that the 18 Test suggestion was that the 10 Test nations play 1 Test at home and 1 Test away against the other 9 countries in a two year period, which frankly would be very annoying, however I wouldn't mind if they had a 2 year International T20 league in that format.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Cricket grounds should be same size

All Cricket gounds should have same size. The minimum size under the current rule should be THE rule. (128.01m, 54.86m)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
no it shouldnt

the distance the rope is from the fence should be standardised though (and might well be)

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree with the rope thing. Otherwise, weird thread. This isn't baseball. Home runs are not the primary way to score.