• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Lyon deserves more respect

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Although from the looks of things it's just been a crazy h4x innings by Dhoni so idk. And if the alternative is Doherty.....

flibbertyjibber

Going for over 4.5 an over is the worry. Seems like he hasn't had control at any stage like some spinners at least get when playing there. Doesn't help the captain when he can't even tie an end down.

flibbertyjibber

man if we end up dropping lyon for the ashes based on an indian series
Could make a few changes based on this series if you lose it heavily. Stupid if you do. Just have to accept at times that your players aren't the best suited to a series in a certain country but know they will be suited to playing in England or at home which is coming up. Our lot never panicked/made wholesale changes after being gubbed in UAE by Pakistan nor should you guys.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Today is the first time I think I've been genuinely disappointed with how he's bowled. Possibly the heat, pressure etc. got to him (definitely suffers when asked to bowl longish spells), but was all over the shop after a promising first 3/4 overs.

Top_Cat

tbh, as Bench**** and I pointed out the worries with Lyon's bowling early this Shield season when he was getting pumped for 4+ every game against even average Shield bats. Was a harbinger and the quicks having a good summer masked that his ERA's been a bit high for a while.

I mean, as I said earlier, he's on a bit of a hiding to nothing at this stage of his career but that he's bleeding runs regularly even at FC level is huge cause for concern since he's the spinner they're banking on. He's not getting milked either, guys are finding it easier to get under his bowling and hitting with the angle in so he's getting hit for more 4's and 6's than you'd expect. Tough times.

morgieb

Could make a few changes based on this series if you lose it heavily. Stupid if you do. Just have to accept at times that your players aren't the best suited to a series in a certain country but know they will be suited to playing in England or at home which is coming up. Our lot never panicked/made wholesale changes after being gubbed in UAE by Pakistan nor should you guys.
Yes, this series is a pretty trying one for us given that most of our batsmen have never batted in Indian conditions at the highest level and the pitches don't suit fast bowling. And this has more to do with h4x batting rather than crappy bowling.

uvelocity

International Coach
tbh, as Bench**** and I pointed out the worries with Lyon's bowling early this Shield season when he was getting pumped for 4+ every game against even average Shield bats. Was a harbinger and the quicks having a good summer masked that his ERA's been a bit high for a while.

I mean, as I said earlier, he's on a bit of a hiding to nothing at this stage of his career but that he's bleeding runs regularly even at FC level is huge cause for concern since he's the spinner they're banking on. He's not getting milked either, guys are finding it easier to get under his bowling and hitting with the angle in so he's getting hit for more 4's and 6's than you'd expect. Tough times.
he was bowling decently, but did not cope at all with life after being attacked by dhoni. his bowling at the end of the day when he was being punished was absolutely turd. 95km/h short legside trash.

uvelocity

International Coach
well i thought he was bowling decently until then and haters can suck it. what are we going to do what can we do. we cant do nothing

Spikey

Martin Blake ‏@martinj_blake
Could not believe Lyon bowled stump to stump on a turner. Bowl outside off, make them play that way! His 3 wkts were all that way!
pipe down martin

social

The only way Oz lose this series is if our batsmen perform poorly

India only have Ashwin as a threat until they pick Ojha again and the rest are crap

Failure to take wickets may mean we dont win but we shouldnt be bowled out by this mob either

social

What sort of fan wouldn't care if their side lost..
We have only ever won a handful of matches in India and our current strength is fast bowling whilst our weakness in batting is playing spin (well, we have lots of weaknesses in our batting but playing spin is at the top of the list :laugh)

The only "disappointment" is that if the 2 exact same teams played in Oz atm, we'd win 4-0 again

Reality is that it is being played in India not Australia

Last edited: