Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    The Australian batsmen...
    yeah batsmen (excluding the tail)
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    FFS, Shastri talking about revenge. Thankfully Dhoni didn't buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    So who is responsible for India winning this test series?
    A bunch of youngsters really
    Ashwin
    Pujara
    Murali Vijay
    Shikhar Dhawan
    Jadeja

On an a stage something like 5 tests each in their careers !

Add Buuwaneshwar and Kohli and the contributions of the seniors, Sachin, Sehwag, Ishant pale into insignificance. That augers well for India although more trying. Onditions and alien lands will be the true test.

Exciting g times anyway

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Think Dhoni needs a fair whack if credit for his ton in Chennai. Was an even game at that point. He set the tone for the series really.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

jan
    Im asking because my twitter feed assures me that despite defeat in India AUS will do well in England regardless of home team being favourites. But I quite cant see Clarke & The Gang doing well anywhere and I want to see proper hard fought Ashes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, right-arm crap bowler, grainy streams watcher

As abject as Aus has been one has to give credit to young Indian players like Jadeja,Ahswin,Pujara and Vijay especally. No matter how poor the opposition is playing its never easy to dominate at international level so early in to your careers. The worst thing about this Aus side has been lack of fight no matter how ordinary an Aus team would be one thing is certain they never cave in without a fight. The way Aus has went about in this series reminds me of sub cont sides go whne they travel to SA, Aus and England.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Think Dhoni needs a fair whack if credit for his ton in Chennai. Was an even game at that point. He set the tone for the series really.
    Yes he is the only senior who goes ahead into the years to come. I guess Sachin would be needed in the demanding away tours ahead but he is clearly past his best and one hopes for his sake that he manages to leave on a positive note. He has earned it and should not let anything spoil that.

India has to learn to play without him irrespective of conditions and it does not look great with so many youngsters out performing him in a home series against a modest attack. It is possible and quite probable that some of the youngster will be exposed in South Africa but it will be much worse if Sachin looks a ghost . . .

One hopes it works out well for him. No one wants him to leave the game feeling miserable
    Last edited by SJS; 18-03-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Im asking because my twitter feed assures me that despite defeat in India AUS will do well in England regardless of home team being favourites. But I quite cant see Clarke & The Gang doing well anywhere and I want to see proper hard fought Ashes!
    their fast bowlers if they can get the good ones on the park will keep the opposition from running away with huge scores but if Clarke looses form then they would struggle to get 200 consistently.

Simon Champion!
    Dhawan has a Australian wife ? That must have been weird debuting against Australia and making that ton.

Very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    FFS, Shastri talking about revenge. Thankfully Dhoni didn't buy it.
    This is when I hate Shastri so much.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Can't believe how much people were crapping themselves over India when the worst the equation got down to was 17 off 4 overs.

I mean wtf? It's a given.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Dhoni hinted at some changes for the last Test match to try some new things - as this is the last match before the SA series. What do you guys think it could be?

Maybe give Rahane a game and give Tendulkar a rest? Or maybe Dhoni himself will take a game off. Try a new quick that'll surely be needed in SA? I doubt they'd dump Ishant because unfortunately - in SA - who else do they have? Kumar will definitely play. Dinda gets a game somehow - maybe by playing one less spinner? Umesh Yadav and Zaheer might be fit for SA (though Zaheer being fit is an over by over thing at this point, so can't count on that). Yadav, Ishant and Kumar as the pacers in SA?
    Last edited by silentstriker; 18-03-2013 at 09:30 AM.

My ****ing God. Just read this thread.

The negative bull**** posting by the Indian fans today was utterly pathetic. Dead set. ****ing take a good hard look at yourselves.

Australia are 9 down, India have gotten 5 wickets in the first session, and some bloke whinges about how India can't even get the tailenders out... when they've dismissed all of the top order and Lyon and Siddle as well.

And then these ****s crying at Dhoni (who I am hardly a massive fan of) when the win really was never in doubt once India didn't lose 2 quick wickets in the first few overs.

**** to read that crap.

India should not have won this test match. You don't win a test match when the first day is washed out and then the opposition score 400+ in their first dig. Yet India did. And you blokes are cracking the ****s. Would be annoying to read for Australian fans, who have legitimate beef with the way their team has performed.
    Last edited by Jono; 18-03-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    My ****ing God. Just read this thread.

The negative bull**** posting by the Indian fans today was utterly pathetic. Dead set. ****ing take a good hard look at yourselves.

Australia are 9 down, India have gotten 5 wickets in the first session, and some bloke whinges about how India can't even get the tailenders out... when they've dismissed all of the top order and Lyon and Siddle as well.

And then these ****s crying at Dhoni (who I am hardly a massive fan of) when the win really was never in doubt once India didn't lose 2 quick wickets in the first few overs.

**** to read that crap.

India should not have won this test match. You don't win a test match when the first day is washed out and then the opposition score 400+ in their first dig. Yet India did. And you blokes are cracking the ****s. Would be annoying to read for Australian fans, who have legitimate beef with the way their team has performed.
    Haha, I stopped posting in this thread just before Haddin got out and I've considered reading back. Still don't know whether I should.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a man’s right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of one’s own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain one’s life and to keep the results of one’s own efforts.

Thread Information