Page 541 of 711 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543551591641 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

lol, your gambling laws date back to the Raj?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Nah what is embarrassing is 6 of Australia's top top 7 ****ting themselves when facing spin bowling. I mean, it involves a bloke lobbing the ball up at 70km/h and they're frightened little girls.

That's what I love about spin bowling. When you break it down, these blokes may as well be under arming the ball with a flick of the fingers. There is no threat to their safety, just ****ing hit the ball.
    Spin bowling in India doesn't count ffs. If it was relevant to world cricket then you'd have other countries adopting the two-three spinners per game model and preparing turners.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    lol, your gambling laws date back to the Raj?
    Yeah.

There's really no legislative incentive to muck around with it. Those who don't gamble believe it's outright illegal and those who indeed bet jump over the law anyway and this doesn't cause any material disadvantage to the parties in power.

You could say the state could improve this via profit through taxation by legalizing and regulating it properly but in actuality, that's nowhere worth the cost of the amount of people it'll alienate who believe, for whatever godawful reason, that gambling is intrinsically immoral.
    Last edited by Teja.; 17-03-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

But a lassi is just yoghurt really - and whatever flavour/fruit you want with it. Unless you don't like yoghurt, would say a lassi is a fairly inoffensive drink.
    Lassi is nothing like yoghurt!!! It comes in many flavours, and when they get it right, lassi is fantastic, heavenly, orgasmic and all sorts of nice things. Here's my favourite mango lassi...

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    That's fake lassi. Real lassi shouldn't have any fruity flavors.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Spin bowling in India doesn't count ffs. If it was relevant to world cricket then you'd have other countries adopting the two-three spinners per game model and preparing turners.
    Just wait until CA becomes another wholly owned subsidiary of the BCCI.

Interestingly, Indian desserts are very hit or miss for people. People like me who've spent our childhood in India (or at least most of us I think), are so used to super-sweet desserts that I still often find many 'western' desserts not sweet enough. Of course, in India, we used to have desserts maybe twice a month - not every day - so maybe that had something to do with it. My cousins born here generally don't like Indian desserts - at least not all of them - for that same reason. I think, overall, they are way too rich to have every single day, or have them in huge portions. I mean, in India, we used to have maybe a couple bites on the rare occasions we had them. The only dessert we had on a more regular basis was the five rupee flavored ice cones from the local lari guy as he used to come to our neighborhood every few days. Those weren't too heavy and you could eat them on a regular basis. Part of it was also that we couldn't afford that stuff every day - I notice that when I go back, it's changing - as people have more money, they tend to have the desserts more often now (at least from my limited experience) - and it's evident in the waist lines.....
    Last edited by silentstriker; 17-03-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    +1 Important thing is not to put any prezzure on him
    Are you for real?

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Mango lassi seems to be popular more outside India than in it.

In Delhi, mango shake is far more popular and favored version of lassi is curd/yoghurt blended either by hand or in a blender and a bit of white butter (makhan) on top. It tastes best without any flavours.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Are you for real?
    ebsolutely

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Love white butter, it's perfect with aloo parathas. One of the many foods I stock up on when I travel to India.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    So, if Clarke's out next Test, who's our captain...?
    Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    nah gotta be haddin even if wade is fit, haddin plays as a batsman (PEWS will love this) and captains
    I'd have both in the XI for the fourth test, but surely Haddin has to keep ahead of Wade? Even if he's also captaining. Just soooo much better it's unreal.

Couldn't be Warner with the armband tho, surely? I mean, he might be a genius in disguise but, to steal a Blackadder line, if he is it's a very good disguise.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Lassi is definitely a yoghurt. Enjoy my mango lassi's as much as the next Ravish.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    Mango lassi seems to be popular more outside India than in it.

In Delhi, mango shake is far more popular and favored version of lassi is curd/yoghurt blended either by hand or in a blender and a bit of white butter (makhan) on top. It tastes best without any flavours.
    It's got more popular since they named the mangoes in it after Tendy.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Yoghurt as a drink soumds ****ing weird though. From how you're describing it lassi sounds more like a palate cleanser or a really light refreshing dessert which is ideal after a really heavy main course.
    A Scot describing someone else's food as weird, everyone.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Thread Information