Page 512 of 711 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Haddin looked absolute top notch with the bat before his dismissal ftr. Looked like he had been over in India since January. And that wasn't because he looked like he had dropped 15kg.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Swann will average 45 against us again and the English press will still rabbit on about he's the best spinner in the world
    Did he really average 45 in 2009? I'll take your word for it. But I'll settle for him doing what he did in 2009 and seeing us home in two of the tests. Given the state of all but one of your top 6, I suspect he'll do rather better though.
    Last edited by wpdavid; 16-03-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Did he really average 45 in 2009? I'll take your word for it. But.I'll settle for him doing what he did in 2009 and seeing us home in two of the tests. Given the state of all but one of your top 6, I suspect he'll do rather better though.
    yeah carn ferret face/cubert farnsworth ()

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Any reason why Johnson isn't getting a game? Thought he looked a bit better during the summer (more controlled run up, higher arm at point of delivery). Plus, he's done well in India before.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Khawaja's on the naughty step tho, isn't he? Bit craven to bring him in so soon.

Truthfully reckon Wade's more likely to score test runs just now too.

&, tbh, Haddin's looked like Alan Knott by comparison to the bollock-handed Victorio-Tasmanian.
    Haven't seen it quoted, but I'm reasonably sure Clarke and Arthur have stated bygones will be bygones to settle the dressing room a bit. If that holds true for Patto I'd assume Usman would rightly grab Hughes' spot if Watson's still on paternity/crybaby leave.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 16-03-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    Any reason why Johnson isn't getting a game? Thought he looked a bit better during the summer (more controlled run up, higher arm at point of delivery). Plus, he's done well in India before.
    How's the view from under your rock on Mars?

Imagine the rent's cheap, if nothing else.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

nah **** off **** you can't be serious

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Totally different conditions so I'm not reading anything into fast bowlers performances

Reckon that Johnson is most in danger of missing out even though he hasnt played

In terms of the spinners, who gives a ****
    Yeah... but why would they provide us with those conditions, last time during the Ashes at Headingley, England were blown away on a seaming track, in the next test at the Oval they prepared a dry pitch where Swann destroyed the Aussie batting line-up.

Now after this sort of performance in India, if we go to England expecting the ball to nip around then we're just fooling ourselves, that's why we need to pick the kind of bowlers who can do a job in all conditions and therefore we possibly need to ignore the pecking order and look to pick people based on skill and ability.

Because our ****wit selectors decided that Doherty/Maxwell were test cricketers and you know what happened after that

Anyway, one positive thing about his non-selection is that he looks to be on the outer for for the Ashes

I dont care how many times he breaks the bones of Smith or Sanga, I never want to see him play England again

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    How's the view from under your rock on Mars?

Imagine the rent's cheap, if nothing else.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    Haven't seen it quoted, but I'm reasonably Clarke and Arthur have stated bygones will be bygones to settle the dressing room a bit. If that holds true for Patto I'd assume Usman would rightly grab Hughes' spot if Watson's still on paternity/crybaby leave.
    CBA to Google it, but thought one of the Oz coaching heads had singled Khawaja out for ubertwattishness, above and beyond homeworkgate?

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    CBA to Google it, but thought one of the Oz coaching heads had singled Khawaja out for ubertwattishness, above and beyond homeworkgate?
    Ind33d.

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Yeah... but why would they provide us with those conditions, last time during the Ashes at Headingley, England were blown away on a seaming track, in the next test at the Oval they prepared a dry pitch where Swann destroyed the Aussie batting line-up.

Now after this sort of performance in India, if we go to England expecting the ball to nip around then we're just fooling ourselves, that's why we need to pick the kind of bowlers who can do a job in all conditions and therefore we possibly need to ignore the pecking order and look to pick people based on skill and ability.
    Patto, Starc, Bird, Harris, Siddle, Cummins and make Watto bowl (it's a calf muscle injury not a gunshot wound ffs)
    Last edited by social; 16-03-2013 at 05:25 AM.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    nah **** off **** you can't be serious
    Well, he's hardly competing, with say, Ryan Harris for a bowling spot - as he'd lose out. But Maxwell and Doherty ahead of him? Eh?

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Was Arthur himself, right after crapping on about what a crashingly good bloke Watson (ha!) was:

"I have never ever doubted, not for one moment, the drive of Shane Watson," Arthur said. "Not for one moment. Shane Watson prepares well. He's very professional and he goes about his business in a very professional way. I've not ever been in a position to doubt Shane Watson the person or Shane Watson the cricketer.

Usman Khawaja is different. This will be the catalyst I think for Usman Khawaja to realise we're pretty serious in the Australian cricket team."
    Edit: If there's any more dirt I've yet to see it.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 16-03-2013 at 05:28 AM.

Thread Information