• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heard Matt Wade spent some time with Ian Healy yesterday, flew up to see him after Healy's criticism. Apparently they worked on a few things.

Think that's very positive by Wade tbh. Healy was borderline retarder when he started in the Australian team but improved with hard work and after working with Rod Marsh. If Wade has such a decent reaction to criticism then it's a good thing IMO.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
A one day victory against England always does boost the chances, no doubt.
Did for India before they toured Australia last time around IIRC.

Heard Matt Wade spent some time with Ian Healy yesterday, flew up to see him after Healy's criticism. Apparently they worked on a few things.

Think that's very positive by Wade tbh. Healy was borderline retarder when he started in the Australian team but improved with hard work and after working with Rod Marsh. If Wade has such a decent reaction to criticism then it's a good thing IMO.
Yup, AWTA. Would have been easy for him to just view Healy as a **** after he criticised him, but at least he's showing the desire to improve, and is trying to convert Healy's opinions on him.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
What does Lyon think if him though? Bowled and LBW only is what he should be thinking.

Burgey

Someone in Wade's position who gets criticised can either ignore the criticism and any advice, or they can take it on board and look to improve themselves after acknowledging they have a problem. Murphy did this with his incontinence issues and I hear he's better, and drier, for the effort.

If it improves Wade's game then good on him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah trip is definitely planned around the cricket. I have lots of family in Chennai and Hyderabad so was planning on heading to one of those tests and visit the family while I was there. Plus the dates worked for me.

With the tests locations switching around, it will depend whether I still go to Chennai or Hyderabad and just head there earlier for the 1st or 2nd tests, or alternatively stick with my original timeline, and go to the Mohali or Delhi test.

If Sachin could hurry up and announce this as his last series it would make my decision easier, as I'll just choose Delhi and tell the family to **** off I won't be visiting. :ph34r:
Going to head to India earlier and still go to the Hyderabad test ftr.

Can any Indians tell me how I can get tickets? Worried about it selling out early.

Tangles

Waste of a spot to take Beer if he only plays due to injury. Might as well take another seam bowler.

benchmark00

Healy to go on about how impressed he was with Wade and talk him up, no matter how poorly he performs over the course of the series. Happens all the time.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The weird one with Healy was how a day or two before he gave him a big wrap (after the ton, really) and then scythed him down two days later.

Burgey

I suspect Healy sees a fair bit of himself in Wade. I think Wade is a better batsman, but Healy's contributions in that regard are often under appreciated.

Healy mentioned in an article posted back when he was still playing how he knew he wasn't ready as a keeper when he was picked, and how he really didn't think he belonged at test level until he put in a bad day afte he'd been in the team about 18 months to two years. He said that night Marsh rang him out of the blue and basically tore him a new onel, saying "What about all the stuff we worked on? All the extra work we've put in, and you let yourself down". He said it made him realise he probably did belong, because a tough old legend like Marsh actually took the time to let him know he expected more of him. Was an interesting piece.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The one he needs to get rid of is that take off the spinners, where he has his hands against his chest at about nipple height, fingers facing down, and takes one foot off the ground as he tries to move his hands up, and they end up pointing sideways (usually to point), so his eyes aren't in line with the ball and they duck in behind the batsman.

Does it when the ball gets big on him, and it's no wonder a heap of balls have actually completely missed his gloves when Lyon gets it to bite.

EDIT: he starts to do it, with his left foot coming off the ground, here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CG91zmxHDI

About 6:50.

Last edited:

Burgey

Lol the stare down ad. Nice take on the last scene in the The Godd, The Bad and The Ugly

Last edited:

Spikey

The weird one with Healy was how a day or two before he gave him a big wrap (after the ton, really) and then scythed him down two days later.
well

news ltd, 6th of Jan: Matthew Wade must improve behind stumps, says Ian Healy | The Courier-Mail

(that said, fairfax, 6th of Jan: Explosive ton a sign of greatness, says Healy)

but during the 2nd SL innings (iirc) he had a big go at Wade for not being in the right position to lyon. so it wasn't that surprising to see him unleash on the keeping. it was more the location. (some ****ty radio station)

Tangles

This post makes no sense.
They have been rotating fast bowlers all summer yet they are going to use up a space in a touring party for cover. Seems pretty dumb. If Lyon wont be dropped and Beer wont play unless he's injured then just fly him in if that happens. Otherwise take a fast bowler that can be rotated when someone else gets injured or tired.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, there's no point taking a player who will only be selected if someone is injured; instead we should take a player who will only be selected if two or three players get injured!