• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it is starting to look a bit comfortable and whenever it has a wicket has quickly followed...

ajdude

International Coach
i don't like this, martin to broad, like broad was on strike so i think southee or boult would be a better chance

James

Cricket Web Owner
Question - prior is looking for singles at the end of each over. Couldn't the fielder just throw it to the boundary to keep broad on strike? Obviously not the most ethical though....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Who'd be an umpire? Calling bat/pad/glove out of the rough... if it were me it would be not-out all the time and leaving it to DRS if they felt it had something on it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Question - prior is looking for singles at the end of each over. Couldn't the fielder just throw it to the boundary to keep broad on strike? Obviously not the most ethical though....
Would count as overthrows IIRC so Prior would still keep strike and get four bonus runs for it.

The fielder would be fine to let the ball roll over the rope under its own steam, though.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would count as overthrows IIRC so Prior would still keep strike and get four bonus runs for it.

The fielder would be fine to let the ball roll over the rope under its own steam, though.
A casual 'accidental' kick maybe? It if was close the boundary.