• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

thierry henry

International Coach
lol @ Smithy on the NZ bowlers heights suggesting Southee is about 6 foot, Wagner is 5'9 and Boult about 5'10.

Surely Southee's a minimum 6'3, Boult around 6'1 and Wagner probably slightly over 6.
Smithy wtf

Pretty good estimates there Zinzan but Wagner is only about 5'10" I think.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
)ccupied wih the prospect of destoryng yout sht bowlers ****
If what we've seen so far is destruction I'd hate to see them struggling.

I suppose that would be preferable to seeing them bat slowly though. I think I'd die of boredom.
It's safe to say I don't remember making that post. A good day for England nonetheless. I'm off to Barcelona now fully expect us to be one up when I return.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Whoever wins at the Basin will win the series. This pitch is a draw pitch unless you do what happened in the first innings or have a Dale Steyn/Vernon Philander in your line up (Anderson and England shouldn't have enough time to win here even if they put up a huge score), and judging by the Outer Oval pitch, Eden Park will be a draw as well.
no way will there be a draw at Eden Park, barring rain.

Both teams rely heavily on swing bowlers. it has not swung here at all but it will in Auckland.

Anderson and Broad, Southee and Boult will be completely different bowlers with some movement in the air. It won't matter if the pitch is a road.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
First time I ever saw Nick Compton I remember thinking "****, this guy is fast". Watch out for the quick single.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nick's old man is the spitting image of him, eh?

Bloody hell, curtain rail effort from Cook after all that. Still, 116 to the good.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great reward for good accuracy pace all day long.

Boult's low econ rate is how he bowls in domestix too - amazing that England were 231/0 and Boult had bowled 17 overs for only 32. So now he has the wicket his average is back on track.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hero. :wub:

Thought you were talking about his bowling for a moment. I was wondering why he hasn't had a bowl in tests.:ph34r:
I also think it's fitting that I remember more about his running between the wickets than his batting. Probably why the media seem to be so desperate to get Bairstow in ahead of him.