• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan not being great at batting doesn't make their bowling effort pathetic though.
Not it doesn't on an individual level..
But from a team perspective..68/2 is nothing to celebrate..its just not enough..68/7 is more like it.

Yeah, but you can hardly blame the bowlers for the Batsman for being pathetic. They did their job on somewhat par.
See here's the thing..Pakistan's bowlers at least have the potential to bowl out oppositions for low scores..in fact when Pakistan beat South Africa last time or Australia in 2010, this is how they did it. They bowled out SA for 125 and Aus for 88....
Batsmen on the other hand do not even have the ability or potential to get to 250..so no point even criticising them for it.
Its just something you accept..that your batting will be crap...so the bowlers have to make up for it.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I must say, when I saw the cricinfo headline for Day 1 stating that Pakistan were on top, I was thinking about SA's bowling attack & scratching my head.

smash84

The Tiger King
the worst part is that this will probably be a feature of the tour....this kind of pakistan batting.....this will be a painfully long tour it seems

Zinzan

Philander needs to be a touch fuller to get an edge here, it's moving too much just short of a length to the tailenders.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
a run!

Pakistan reach the nervous 40's.

This South African attack is special. Absolutely demolish lineups on occasions like no other team has in my viewing history.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
the worst part is that this will probably be a feature of the tour....this kind of pakistan batting.....this will be a painfully long tour it seems
Well from the very onset I was hoping something like the 2010 Australia test matches..
We bowled out Australia for 250 in the first game and lost badly due to insipid batting.
Next game we bowled them out for 88 and won by 3 wickets chasing 140.

I am hoping for that one bad day South Africa have and one extraordinary day Junaid Khan has..

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
a run!

This South African attack is special. Absolutely demolish lineups on occasions like no other team has in my viewing history.
Yep, became like this when Philander came around. But a few people still think he's overrated because he's not so fast and failed in a couple of test matches in Australia.

Zinzan

I'd really like to see a SA vs Rest of the World test series in South Africa at the moment

Just need to think of a side to play them in the republic.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cape Town should be another hard workout but Pak may like Centurion, will be slower than here and Newlands. Could possibly also play a second frontline spinner there in Rehmann as it is late in the season.

South Africa still need to kill this game today however and will want to bat well. Days 3 and 4 here should be good for batting and Aus chased down a big 4th innings total here before, so they know 250+ isn't a guaranteed win.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
a run!

Dale Steyn is quite extraordinary.. I never got to see Lillee, Marshall and Imran in full flow. I feel honoured that I get to see a fast bowler like this at his peak.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
If south africas batting collapse was spectacular, this display from Pakistan is like having *** with 7 supermodel virgins.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
People who say pace is not important..that delivery to Jamshed..the only reason he could not get bat to ball was the extra yard of pace.. it was swinging in but a touch slower and he could have had an inside edge.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I think Kallis has been amazing today, Morkel is the only wayward bowler, but he is still doing a terrific job softening the batsmen up. Steyn and Philander, well now its not fair anymore.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd really like to see a SA vs Rest of the World test series in South Africa at the moment

Just need to think of a side to play them in the republic.
Cook
?
Sangakkara
Pietersen
Chanderpaul
Clarke
Prior
Swann
Anderson
?
?

Picked Swann over Ajmal just because it'd be in South Africa really.

Picking a second opener would be so hard; I guess we'd have to think about someone like Trott doing the job.

Last edited: