• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Irfan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What are our thoughts on him? Is he a walk-up start for Pakistan in test cricket? Will he hit the sight screen after one bounce if he ever plays at the WACA?

Mohammad Irfan spotted hanging out with former World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan.

Teja.

Global Moderator
He has all the raw attributes - freakish height, 90 mph pace and pretty gun control. I'm usually not one to rate people for the longest form on LO cricket but he bowled in such a way that he would've done well in any version of cricket in the last 2 T20 games. In summation, I reckon he's a serious test prospect.

He's pushing 31 too so one would hope his entry is as swift as possible.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He has all the raw attributes - freakish height, 90 mph pace and pretty gun control. I'm usually not one to rate people for the longest form on LO cricket but he bowled in such a way that he would've done well in any version of cricket in the last 2 T20 games. In summation, I reckon he's a serious test prospect.

I also think he is a serious Test match prospect. I'm interested in his ability to bowl long spells at pace. He is approaching 31 but I think considering he hasn't played much professional cricket in his 20s, his body won't be as fatigued as a regular 31 year old. Nannes is 36 but since he didn't play much cricket when he was younger, he is still able to push 150kph.

Xuhaib

International Coach

Amazing story.

3 years back he was a laborer at a plastic pipe factory would practice couple of hours on weekends at a former First class cricketer academy. Pakpassion interviewed the guy who ran that place and he said there is a guy at his academy who is 7 foot and bowls 80mph+. Pakpassion linked the trainer to Aqib Javed who was bowling coach at PCB academy. Aqib called Irfan for a trial liked the look of him and hooked him up with few FC side coaches and now we see him playing for Pakistan.

Even if he does not have much of a international career its still a remarkable journey for a guy who did not play any organized cricket till he was 28.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Regarding his skills set I saw him bowling today and one thing I have noticed is he does move the ball much maybe the conditions were too batting friendly but in test cricket you do need some movement. Part of the reason Garner/Ambrose were so successful was they could get the ball to cut off the pitch at pace

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Regarding his skills set I saw him bowling today and one thing I have noticed is he does move the ball much maybe the conditions were too batting friendly but in test cricket you do need some movement. Part of the reason Garner/Ambrose were so successful was they could get the ball to cut off the pitch at pace
Does or doesn't? Could you clarify since I haven't seen him much? Thanks.

Would love to see him in Tests against RSA.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Looks gun - has the pace, can move the ball, plus the obvious height advantage etc

Would love to see how he does in SA.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
extracts more than extra bounce from around good length area; if he can do this in dead track, imagine what he's going to do outside sc