• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in India

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am not sure Sachin was a bad captain - not tactically at least. His problem was that he was never relaxed on the field when captain and tended to do/talk/council a bit excessively. He was over enthusiastic and so involved in everything, every ball that he put too much stress on himself and at times on his bowlers. Of course, this shows a weakness in an aspect of captaincy that Dhoni has mastered - Dhoni is cool. But tactically Sachin was very sound.

Secondly, his captaincy clearly affected his batting. This was not something the selectors could have anticipated I guess. But I am sure he was appointed because the selectors, coaches etc realised when talking to him that he had a terrific cricketing brain. Unfortunately e had other issues.

I think the big damage that Sachin's captaincy did to him and to Indian cricket was the negative impact his removal from captaincy had on him. He did not find that easy to take. It was the first time since he had come inti team India that it was being hinted to him that there was something he wasn't good enough for. He found that very tough I suspect and he lost some of his spontaneity after that.

Of course all this is conjecture but I have often thought about this.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
some good bowling by Junaid

Junaid Khan 4 Wickets Against India - Pak Vs India 1st ODI 30 December 2012 Match Highlights - YouTube

Sehwag should have expected that though given Junaid had been bowling like that the whole over
Njunaid just pitched well up in line with the stumps and let the swing do the rest. The swing appears to be little because the distance the ball had to travel after pitching wasn't much. The batsmen just kept playing the wrong line and the lateral movement did the trick

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Jamshed looks like he could become pakistans most Valuable batsmen Across ALL formats' despite not even making his test debut. :)
Already he has displayed an impressive ability to pace or accelerate his innings as required,and I am confident he will be a success at test tcricket, assuming he eventually get's the chance one day (surely he
will!!!)
whilst Azhar Ali has arguably been Pakistan's biggest success story of the last 18 month's he really need's to be a bit more expansive in his shot selection. Now I am notasking him to become boom boom, but 9 off 30 is not acceptable, he could at least rotate the strike toget single's if not boundarie's, yoonis khan would be the man to learn from for that, Or even Shoaib Malik, hopefully this is something that will just come with time.

smash84

The Tiger King
Azhar Ali was really struggling the other day.

Tbf kumar was bowling well and Azhar also seemed a little nervous on the occasion. Definitely not one of Azhar's best innings but the fact that his stay made sure that Pakistan didn't lose any more wickets during that time definitely helped.

Jamshed when in flow looks the goods but not sure how he will play in tests.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Azhar Ali was really struggling the other day.

Tbf kumar was bowling well and Azhar also seemed a little nervous on the occasion. Definitely not oneof Azhar's best innings but the fact that his stay made sure that Pakistan didn't lose any more wickets during that time definitely helped.

Jamshed when in flow looks the goods but not sure how he will play in tests.
I think the sign's for Jamshed look good in test's. Although he got a bit lucky he played suitabl y according to the match condition's to earn his ODI century. But he also can slog and score rapidly if he need's to, still a Iong way to go but he does' nt seem like a big headed moron ala Umar akmal who is clearly an legend in his own mind.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that's what that article was trying to say. Dhoni has this weird habit of giving one over too many to the part timers. He does that even if the part timers have collectively finished their quota. He doesn't withdraw them till they bowl one bad over for many runs.

Last edited: