• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

BeeGee

International Captain
In some cases, but a) it often happens too fast to be sure b) people aren't viewing it in line or are obscured, c) you get multiple sounds off bats & thigh pads. The tv viewer has the best evidence, which is why I'm always baffled by the reluctance to use it more (granted delays can be a problem, but I think 2 reviews isn't enough given the number of potential poor decisions).
You're missing the point of the system, It's to remove horrendous umpiring decisions. Not poor decisions. Not 50/50 decisions. Just the howlers.
That is what the players wanted and that is what they got.
The players have then proceeded to use the system in completely the wrong way, by wasting their reviews punting on 50/50 calls.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
The game goes for 5 days. How much extra time does it take for a review? 90 seconds?
i remember a couple going for well over 5 min (one in that last test in Sri Lanka if i remember correctly) Sometimes the upstairs people just take forever and sometimes if it is a really marginal call it takes seemingly forever as well.

This discussion used to be brought up nearly every match by some commentator so its pretty well covered allready

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
You're missing the point of the system, It's to remove horrendous umpiring decisions. Not poor decisions. Not 50/50 decisions. Just the howlers.
That is what the players wanted and that is what they got.
The players have then proceeded to use the system in completely the wrong way, by wasting their reviews punting on 50/50 calls.
+1, summed it up much better than i was going to

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yes don't like us having a part-timer on with spinner as batsmen don't seem under threat at either end.

Commentators going on about how Munro starting to get the ball to spit a little with some variable bounce - they have a point. Yesterday seemed more slow but regular.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
tbf Munro is a bit more than part time, averaging 31 is decent, especially considering how much of a road his home ground his.