Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 874

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

  1. #91
    Cricket Spectator Carl Bulfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridio View Post
    David White currently reading CW under an alter ego, you reckon?
    What was the give away?

  2. #92
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,709

  3. #93
    State Vice-Captain Meridio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, West New Zealand
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bulfin View Post
    What was the give away?
    Nobody - I repeat, nobody - would expect that behind those blonde dreadlocks would lurk a mind capable of posting on a cricket forum. Therefore, it could only be you.

  4. #94
    State Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    I'm convinced this is all a load of BS and nothing will really come of it
    It isn't. Something will come out of it, whether it is a resignation, a forced resignation or whatever way it is spun.


  5. #95
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,709
    If anyone is to resign it should be Hesson.

  6. #96
    International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I was advocating McCullum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I'd sooner make Franklin captain than McCullum.
    Dude, you're all over the place!








  7. #97
    State Captain Chubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,866
    This is so stupid and lacking in common sense it is absurd....

    It is clear if Hesson has been advocating McCullum it is essentially because they are mates, which is appalling. I think Taylor is a better captain than him anyway. He's certainly the better batsman.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

  8. #98
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,220
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I'm hoping that this is just media speculation, but Hesson hasn't done anything to quiet the rumours since he took over, has he?
    Nearly every major 'thing' (generally read '****-up') that's come out of NZC over the past few years has been reported first as a leaked rumour and then as reality. I would be very surprised if this was any different. Unless there is some eleventh hour bid to save Taylor's captaincy going on right now and it's getting traction. Then we could have an all-out civil war .

    Really feel for Taylor. Was very pleased to see in that article that when asked to step down by Hesson he said no. Great to see he still wants the job, despite being undermined by various forces inside and outside the team (I'm trying just to stick to known facts here - who is most responsible out of McCullum, Hesson, Vettori, other players, the board, White, Buchanan, former players, rabble-rousers in the media... I do not know).

    I suspect Taylor could be a good captain. I can very much envisage him not being party to the matey cliquey culture though - is just there to do his job, and a good job at that. Being somewhat thoughtful (not a quality NZ generally looks for in leaders) I'm not surprised that he struggles to deal with people who exude a great volume of words at great volume, and probably aren't inclined to do a lot of listening. In my opinion if he felt he really owned the team, which cannot be true to date, and was given a couple of years with the right mentoring it would bring the best out of him.

  9. #99
    International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,877
    I have no inclination to support a McCullum led team.

    I really hope Taylor leaves NZC and finishes his career doing the rounds on the lucrative T20 circuit. NZC have treated him like **** so why should he give them anything in return?

    If my employer promoted me and I did a reasonable job, then they turn around and demote me just because my new boss wants his friend in the position, I would quit in heart beat. There's no way I would put up with that ****.

  10. #100
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,709
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Really feel for Taylor. Was very pleased to see in that article that when asked to step down by Hesson he said no.
    It's quite ironic that that simple act was the most leadership anyone has shown in this farce.

  11. #101
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,764
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    I have no inclination to support a McCullum led team.

    I really hope Taylor leaves NZC and finishes his career doing the rounds on the lucrative T20 circuit. NZC have treated him like **** so why should he give them anything in return?

    If my employer promoted me and I did a reasonable job, then they turn around and demote me just because my new boss wants his friend in the position, I would quit in heart beat. There's no way I would put up with that ****.
    Hmmmm...would we really say that Taylor's done a reasonable job though? 7 losses (most of them by large margins), 2 water-logged draws and two wins in tests is hardly anything to get excited about. Neither is his record in limited overs cricket.

    I'm not saying that New Zealand's poor performances are Taylor's fault, or that I support his replacement by McCullum, but it's important to remember that the doom and gloom thread is there for a reason. Performances in the last year have been historically ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  12. #102
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Hmmmm...would we really say that Taylor's done a reasonable job though? 7 losses (most of them by large margins), 2 water-logged draws and two wins in tests is hardly anything to get excited about. Neither is his record in limited overs cricket.

    I'm not saying that New Zealand's poor performances are Taylor's fault, or that I support his replacement by McCullum, but it's important to remember that the doom and gloom thread is there for a reason. Performances in the last year have been historically ****.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  13. #103
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,800
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    hahah
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

  14. #104
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,764
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post


    Not quite the right size, but am seriously tempted for new avatar.

  15. #105
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,488
    I've convinced myself this is an elaborate troll to inspire Taylor to score four consecutive hundreds in South Africa. The guy always performs with his back to the wall.

    GG NZC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Captaincy - does it or doesn't it?
    By hang on in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 19-02-2011, 09:38 AM
  2. Captaincy; how important is it?
    By AlanJLegend in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:02 AM
  3. Captaincy
    By Jakester1288 in forum Coaching and Equipment Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-10-2009, 01:12 AM
  4. Chris Gayle willing to quit West Indies captaincy
    By roseboy64 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 19-05-2009, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •